2016 POTD Thread Archive

Awesome projects there guys ! Mid 50's here in NE PA today , sent my son and daughter out on their bikes ...while i hung out here and ripped out a couple threads in my Alum project ! Tom Lipton sure makes power tapping look easy ...i've got alot to learn ...lol !
I love the triple clamps above , nice job Johnnyc14 .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec27KidsBikes.jpg

You've set me thinking.
My 16 Impreza has similar climate control knobs. In the dark (with the lights on) it's easy to see where the dials are set but in daylight, the little LED cannot be seen. I'd suggest making a very visual pointer so you know where it's pointed.
I miss my legacy with the automatic climate control. We had to tweak the temperature occasionally, but now we're constantly adjusting temp, amount of wind and direction. I miss my Legacy.

You've set me thinking.
My 16 Impreza has similar climate control knobs. In the dark (with the lights on) it's easy to see where the dials are set but in daylight, the little LED cannot be seen. I'd suggest making a very visual pointer so you know where it's pointed.
I miss my legacy with the automatic climate control. We had to tweak the temperature occasionally, but now we're constantly adjusting temp, amount of wind and direction. I miss my Legacy.
Not needed on my car. The adjustment knobs spin around and around. Just need to look at the dash to see the temp, as the temp and other ac/heat settings are on a little screen at the top. As in this picture I took awhile back:20161013_064214.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. The photo does no justice.

How are you going to accommodate the change in the bore diameter (press fit) resulting from powder coating?
Run test samples and adjust machined diameter to suit? Is the powder coat thickness consistent enough for this to be viable?
Make the rings a "oversize" and use adhesive bond at assembly?

How are you going to accommodate the change in the bore diameter (press fit) resulting from powder coating?
Run test samples and adjust machined diameter to suit? Is the powder coat thickness consistent enough for this to be viable?
Make the rings a "oversize" and use adhesive bond at assembly?

Ch2co, the post below yours, had it right. I'm going to use some high heat tape made for powder coating to mask off the slip fit side.

Back