2017 POTD Thread Archive

That would be a fun challenge. I think I'll pass, my nerves aren't up to it any more.

Hi Sharky,

Just loose fit (slip fit).
Goes in easily by hand, but stay put.
To open, needle thru the hole, or better, a stepped ring around the coin and bang it onto surface.
Like in here:
The guys in the video sells quarters.

Wagner

Sorry, no pics... Exploratory surgery on an Altivar 3hp 380-500v input VFD, rescued from the skip with a cracked case - and the stickers still covering the terminals to tell what goes where. I suspect it got scrapped because someone dropped it on the way to fit it...

Internal inspection says it should be hackable to give 400v - 480v from 240 input, IF it doesn't throw a phase loss error (or I can fool it) :)

Dave H. (the other one)

(If it works, I'll post a how-to although it breaks all the approvals, starts WW3 and causes ozone depletion and Gerbil Warming)

Got wheels put on my lathe bench, and supports screwed to my HF 44" tool chest to provide some security for the Gerstner boxes. I've zip-tied the handles to the angle to keep the Gerstners from tipping or sliding. Thanks to Silverbullet for the idea--hopefully I came close to what he was suggesting.

IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

Back