2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stop at a yard sale, landed two more tools to my collection. First is a 1/2" female craftsman BE ratchet (with adapter). The second is a 1/4' Husky CM43 (from the 30's I think, but definitely marked made in the USA). Set me back a grand total of $3.craftsmanfemale.jpg craftsmanfemale2.jpg huskeyusa.jpg

Finally opened and cleaned up a 6" Dividing Head that I bought from Matt/QMT.

Also received a clamping set for the Ellis drill press from Griz.

Pleasantly surprised by both.
dividing head.jpg clamping set for Ellis.jpg

How is the quality? I've been wanting to get one.
It's okay - I am looking forward to checking the runout. It looks like I may be able to Tru it a bit since the chuck is mounted to the mounting plate with some big allen screws. I should be able to loosen them and dial it in a bit.

I spent about 3 hours cleaning it up, tuning it a bit, and deburring it this afternoon. It definitely shows its Chinese heritage but I get the sense it will be serviceable. Matt treated me right on the cost and I had it shipped with the PM935 that I bought recently. I think it will add a lot to the capability of the mill if the runout is acceptable.

The sucker is heavy enough to herniate you when you move it.

It's okay - I am looking forward to checking the runout. It looks like I may be able to Tru it a bit since the chuck is mounted to the mounting plate with some big allen screws. I should be able to loosen them and dial it in a bit.

I spent about 3 hours cleaning it up, tuning it a bit, and deburring it this afternoon. It definitely shows its Chinese heritage but I get the sense it will be serviceable. Matt treated me right on the cost and I had it shipped with the PM935 that I bought recently. I think it will add a lot to the capability of the mill if the runout is acceptable.

The sucker is heavy enough to herniate you when you move it.

Thanks Alan, cleaning, deburring, & tuning is expected for me, I do it automatically on any China tooling I get. I don't mind that. As long as it's able to be somewhat decent after doing so is good enough for me.

Do you know roughly how much it weighs with the chuck? I have a 6.5" super spacer that weighs 85lbs. I hate lugging that thing around but I love using it. I just hope the dividing won't be any heavier than that.

Thanks Alan, cleaning, deburring, & tuning is expected for me, I do it automatically on any China tooling I get. I don't mind that. As long as it's able to be somewhat decent after doing so is good enough for me.

Do you know roughly how much it weighs with the chuck? I have a 6.5" super spacer that weighs 85lbs. I hate lugging that thing around but I love using it. I just hope the dividing won't be any heavier than that.
I think it all weighs 75 lbs. So the head itself is likely 60 to 65 lbs.

Got me a 4" bull nose center that I need for a project. This is the second center I have from Z Live Center. Got it from Amazon for much cheaper than direct from Z Live Center.

Img_2246.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back