2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how old this is. I would guestimate from the 90's? Is there a lookup table for Clausing serial numbers?
Robert

Picked up a replacement metal chopsaw blade went with the Freud cermet II Steel Demon 14”. Ouch, 100 dolar. Hope it last longer than the factory blade. It is great to use the cold cut saw and it is light years faster than the band saw. Darn it hurts to replace that big cutter.
CH

They don't last long, do they. Mine (Makita) has been re-sharpened 3-4 times so far, and I don't use it that much. But they cut nicely.

Last couple of weeks i've been putting more than 70 hours at work so i sleep thru sunday mornings, but this morning i woke up early and visited 3 flea markets, 2 tool markets and one scrapyard. There was lots of tools, some good some bad, the biggest sore was this bench mounted band saw BS-12R, looks like has had very little use, because the previous owner did not know how to assemble it and adjust it, when i seen the blade guides are backed out and everything is finger tight i had little interest because looked like the body is plastic but a ask price anyway and it was way low. This made me take close look and released the body is aluminium, table is also big and aluminium the front cover is thick steel and the motor is 1hp so offer the seller 12$ and i bought it. Other things i bought was a small threading die handle and M6 die, a set of zip tie pliers, an old Fein cordless drill with charger and other communities. from the scrapyard bought one webasto car heater, a wheel hub and two thick heavy pieces of steel. They may come in handy in my hydraulic shop press build.
DSC_0216JPG.jpgDSC_0219JPG.jpgDSC_0217JPG.jpgDSC_0220.JPGDSC_0228JPG.jpgDSC_0226JPG.jpgDSC_0224.JPG

I bought a lathe. First lathe I've bought! It's a LeBlond 19" swing. Looks to be in decent shape despite being outside. I need recommendations on a quick change toolpost! Going back and forth between a chinese multifix ($$) and a wedge style qctp ($). IMG_20180510_182241_967.jpeg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Looks like a pretty stout piece of equipment! What's that tallish item behind it on the right????

PS - Haven't used a multifix, though I've heard they're pretty good. I use wedge style QCTPs on both my lathes, and they've served me well. I'd lean toward one of these. Lots of suppliers available, so the prices for tool holders are pretty reasonable. Looking at various posts here over the years, it looks like nearly all members use wedge or piston style QCTPs as well.

My mitutoyo combimike finally arrived all the way from shores of sunny Florida to landlocked Northamptonshire.

8326038E-7E16-4C42-BB1B-09770969D3E0.jpeg

Needs calibration, but it’s in very good condition. And I love the sound it makes - tikka tikka tikka. :D

Hi, I picked up a vintage Starrett 665 Dial Test Indicator set with a 25-B dial indicator. The set was unused as many of the pieces were still in their waxed paper shipping protection. Two pieces seem to be missing and I'm wondering if someone can tell me what they might be. I've attached a photo of the box insides. There are two empty holes -- one located in the upper left corner and one just to the right of the dial indicator. Very much appreciate the information if someone knows. Would these parts still be available?

35d44zr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back