2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the swarf shield you've added to your smaller vise!
Thanks. It’s just some rubber matting held in with a couple of appropriately sized bolts and washers. Works a treat though.

Great Old One - do you know what parts you need (from the Kurt D688 repair parts list on their web site)? If so, can you contact them for any larger parts (to find weight) then you could have them shipped here and I could forward them to you. We just need to know total shipping weight so you know how much shipping should cost. (Also - do you have to pay import / GST - or equivalent when you receive the package or ahead of time when it is shipped?). Let me know - would be happy to help out

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the offer of help. I’ve private messaged you with the details, to stop cluttering up the thread.

Jason. :encourage:

I like the swarf shield you've added to your smaller vise!

Me too. What, where do you get that stuff?
I am looking for an old tractor intertube but now maybe....

It was just some ribbed rubber matting that came with my big tool chest (the one my lathe sits on). It’s not too thick, and easy to cut with some scissors. I used some more of it as chip mats either side of the small vise as well.

It’s very like some of the rubber matting I got to do the floors in my kit car, so I reckon you’ll be able to get it at a car parts store or coach trimming outfit.

Or you could always do a Doubleboost and get an old rubberised bar beer mat, and use that. I’m sure if you sweet talk the local barmaid she’d give you one. May be even an old mat as well. ;):cool:

Picked up a replacement metal chopsaw blade went with the Freud cermet II Steel Demon 14”. Ouch, 100 dolar. Hope it last longer than the factory blade. It is great to use the cold cut saw and it is light years faster than the band saw. Darn it hurts to replace that big cutter.
CH

Here’s a little screen shot of my eBay purchases lately. I have had up to 12” micrometers for a while. But all of a sudden at work I needed to measure a part between 13-14”. So I decided to buy a nice used 12-16” micrometer. This Tumico 12-16 was in great shape, complete, and way cheaper than a bunch others. The 16-20 and 20-24 are Mitutoyo that I purchased from the United Kingdom, guess English micrometers are not in high demand in England. Standards, head, and all the critical pieces are still in the factory plastic. After the conversion the two Mitutoyo Micrometers cost me 338$ shipped to me for both of them. Only wear they have is the outside of the box from setting on a shelf. A17BD40B-8476-489F-99A7-2EE2AF6C10D2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back