2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased 2 pieces of equipment.
A Delta/Rockwell band saw and a Delta Rockwell belt sander.
This time, I purchased them from an online auction 30 miles from work!
I pick them up tomorrow. More pics to follow.
They are in pretty good shape. The saw will need a bit more elbow grease. I plan on cleaning up the band saw and selling it, (maybe) and I will keep the belt sander for sure.
Dang I love tools.
Image 950 is on my way home from the auction.
I feel like I got a fair deal. The saw was the property of the Chico Unified School District.

133990470.jpg

134261188.jpg

134261195.jpg

134261203.jpg

134261207.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

Last edited:
I have one more package coming on monday ill show you that later which also pertains to a post i made a few days ago however i picked up 2 carbide grade inserts for aluminum from shars along with a 8” caliper with a IP54 and a 0-1 mic. I wanted a nicer mic to have for work and bring one of my china mics home for the hobby. I trust my china mics still. They read good just dont have a mic home at home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Went to the local flea market yesterday. Found a lady selling both of these items. A 2-3 tumco tenths mike, and a 1 3/4” unibit annular cutter brand new. The mike had the inspection cert still in the box vintage 1955. Love buying from people that don’t know values. 5 bucks a pc. Very happy:p
FFC53B3E-8CF0-4308-8C9D-0E842E3C76C2.jpeg

I have one more package coming on monday ill show you that later which also pertains to a post i made a few days ago however i picked up 2 carbide grade inserts for aluminum from shars along with a 8” caliper with a IP54 and a 0-1 mic. I wanted a nicer mic to have for work and bring one of my china mics home for the hobby. I trust my china mics still. They read good just dont have a mic home at home.

Hey Brent ! Dave here . Nice to hear that you are progressing along . I've been busy up at the NY property and down in SC as well . Soon as the weather lets me I hope to find more machinist time . Good to hear from you , maybe we can meet up in Oneonta again in the future .

Not machine related , but I did buy a new trailer and an F-250 Powerstroke diesel pickem up truck for moving stuff back and forth to the property .

More like deal of the month on Craigslist. Found this 10” bison chuck on cl. this morning. Luckily I was able to get to it before someone else jumped. It’s a forged steel chuck and was still in a oily wrap when I picked it up. Other than the wrap staining the metal from it sitting for who knows how long. The one thing I asked the P.O. was if the holes were there or someone put in and he said that’s how he bought and he thought were factory. Came with a d1-4 backplate too which is what my lathe is couldn’t have worked out any better. Price was less than a mounting hub from shars.:p
53DE49BE-DFAA-44D6-AC36-DD12FD7385A2.jpeg1BB2F1C3-592A-495B-80D9-22E4B2864FC7.jpeg
Also I e tried looking at bison catalog which is nice and detailed. I cannot find this specific model number. Idk if it’s just that old or what but if anyone has any tips. I’m just looking for the specs and numbers on it,curious.

Couple of days back i bought one more small generator, the seller disclose that only the pull start was busted, and was partly unbolted, look it over it look like never run and was able to get my finger under the pull start and turn the flywheel so is not seized when i got it home i pulled the pull start of a similar generator. Put little gas in it and fire up after couple of pills runs and makes power, second bigger thing i pick up was an Einhell chainsaw, smaller lower end chainsaw for around the yard, it was cheap for a reason, looks like someone has poured gas in the oil reservoir and oil in gas tank and all the fuel lines are disconnected this one will require some work to make it usable, i may post a thread of me fixing it if i need help or some one wants to see it.
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 007.jpg

I think I got ripped off.
8Z5t3ThXXOUdegLvVUWgtrTFYUCeLLhR2RTcfSpQtyq6YQOjcNqMebHQYA-QZYlEd3dYoRu58ixmeRf6uN2Y6ObxfZJ8zAjeZ0coMQ3AGASOMLWyErLx5o7D8fPiFUKPzDES1v8pVIlXvMnKZJszAhmg8UBZQRTYuX5i_Ws-rv-yYJ4ja4otl8KIJFqYVyhS2clqsKWR3VeY4MmMY4M8Oyo8WhUxmJ6kKWsZr2MP29hXLO7nPtEdfYZhuBv6McH5DdbzUG-CYWqR4Kiz3gLQvJJHMdYh3apBlbz8NlMVP1dEZ8yN5CQ_-KXmD45_o--92duh7VIaxmnZvTfFh3qkY4G7s5VRPCr1avC4B73_C1cb0sGmUHuZHOBPywHvpg_O15GlO5V2ptrUkw2s8RKqy9upOEDM8tFaZZ8RejPTVZEUl_u8wJ4yPLq5ksFgksLcS153YZV6-nzMVy14ai_4CRg7iqZGRJG5mFNx5DHwGBblwHJzyFMHzjxsFRacGXCMXh0L5LrYPPegkX36TXM_HZfOElHHrsGzCrnCRzVG73xuO6ZnS5ckkGZitE2qn6lTD854wjhGoGk15NPxbp1LkY58uhA8agT_DPIhFtQfiUO2xf4IEuQjwB7WwyDKIk8=w1441-h1919-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back