2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Mitutoyo 0" - 1" micrometer. Dopey me didn't test it to see if it even turned. Only $10. Need to figure out how to take apart apart clean it up.

Nice, I have the same speed indicator but with the rubber tip yet. I think though the life expectancy of the rubber is just about expired, it doesn't have a lot of "rubberiness" left to it.

-frank

You've all heard the saying when you're looking for something you can't found it and when you don't need it you'll found it, well today when buying some round stock at my local steel place a older guy ask me, you'll going to machine something out of that, i said sure. Then he said i've got some old lathe cutters in my truck maybe you can use them but they are big. So we walk out to his 51 feet semi and he got those out of his tool bag and said any chance you can use them, yep just my size, then he said that he use to have more and he sold them at a good price but no one would take those because of ther size, he made me a great deal basically pay one take them all, and i've been looking for round carbide tool holder i've even order twice from ebay and they never come, the make on them is Secodex-C made in sweden, i've never had any of ther tools but they look to be pretty good quality.
View attachment 273705View attachment 273704

Don’t know what size lathe you have but those tools would be dovetailed and on my BXA holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at a so called machine shop to buy out today , not exactly what I expected though . More of a hobby shop with lots of different tooling . The previous owner has moved on and his wife wants it all gone . Little jet lathe , maybe a 9" . A mill/drill of some unknown maker . ( Taiwanese WMC I believe , lots of boxes filled with various tooling . Hmm ...........do I need it ? Nope . Do I want it ? Nope . Will I get it ? Of COURSE ! ( That's just the way the game's played ) ! :rolleyes:

You never know what they're going to have in the tool area at my local Habitat for Humanity "Restore" outlet. I'd been thinking I might need another tool box fairly soon, and what should I spot there but an 8-drawer Kennedy box with a riser--just the kind I'd been thinking of getting--marked at $30 and $20 respectively. With a discount that they were currently running I got both for $42.67 including tax. They're not pristine, but after a couple of hours of cleaning they're very nice. Going to that store is like a treasure hunt!
Kennedy Tool Box.jpg

What a find, you lucky son of a gun!
Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back