2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my birthday - and my wife told me to go pick my present out...the CL picture is a little dark - but I found this photo on the internet.

powersaw.jpg
$100! With a working motor and everything functioning...picking it up next week.

IMG-3987.JPG
Update: just picked it up this morning. It works! (video link)

Last edited:
I picked up the 11 amp HF 4 1/2 angle grinder. Dang $89. I already have 2 but they sure are handy when you don't have to go back and forth with different cut-off, grinder, wire wheel, etc...

I picked up the 11 amp HF 4 1/2 angle grinder. Dang $89. I already have 2 but they sure are handy when you don't have to go back and forth with different cut-off, grinder, wire wheel, etc...

Idk if you have a menards by you but i bought these last year and they are great. So great I bought two more about a month ago.
4D0AEAEA-4941-4FEB-B105-728D74BE93A9.png
I’m not a fan of hf for anything that’s gonna last. If they give you “spare” brushes that’s a big indicator of garbage. I’d be interested to get your review after six months of use. Not knocking it at all just you can get two for that price and Bosch has never let me down and built very well.

Idk if you have a menards by you but i bought these last year and they are great. So great I bought two more about a month ago.
View attachment 275074
I’m not a fan of hf for anything that’s gonna last. If they give you “spare” brushes that’s a big indicator of garbage. I’d be interested to get your review after six months of use. Not knocking it at all just you can get two for that price and Bosch has never let me down and built very well.

There are plenty of choices when it comes to 4 1/2 “ angle grinders, that is for sure.
I have a Milwaukee and two HF, one 7 amp and the 11 amp.
The guys at work swear by the HF brand for this application.
The 4 amp is not included in the assessment.
If I have an issue with it, I’ll write back to say you were right :)

I picked up this Landis bead roller at a swap meet over the weekend. I cant find any info on it checking Google, E-bay, and Vintage Machinery. It is cast and has a 6.5" throat. Tag says Landis Machine Company Saint Louis USA. Back tag has serial #C622. Under the gray paint is green. I am assuming that was the factory color. Anybody have one like this or seen one like this? Trying to date it and maybe locate some more dies for it.
GOPR2472.JPGGOPR2473.JPGGOPR2474.JPG

Metabo is my brand of choice for an angle grinder.

Last couple of weeks i've changed jobs so i've been much more busy but i found time to visit my local flea market. I did a quick pass and almost didn't bought anything, but at the end of the last row i came upon new vender he had those two electric motors and couple of impact drills one of which was this HILTI te17 wich i bought it was resably priced and not worn out, a also bought both electric motors one looks to be pretty old and has some kind of flat belt pulley and is 2,1hp three phase at 1400rpm, the other motor is newer in age but same specs and never been used, the electric motors also wore at a good price. I've very satisfied, HILTI tools are regarded to be the highest quality tools around here also the electric motors are in excellent condition, good trip all around.
IMG_20180909_134814.jpgIMG_20180909_134831.jpgIMG_20180909_135045.jpgIMG_20180909_135113.jpgIMG_20180909_135506.jpgIMG_20180909_135511.jpgIMG_20180909_135730.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back