2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got what I believe was a big score. From off the auction site. $120 delivered for everything. How did I do?

You've brought many hand tools in this lot, couple of measuring tools, if the tools maker is good quality is probably worth it.

Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Plasma Cutter.
I have been looking at these for a while now. I have to assume there is a difference between a $300 plasma cutter and a $1,400 one.
I bought a good one. And I am very happy about that. Made in the USA!.IMG_1129[1].JPG

ER Collet Chucks on straight shanks, NOS, £20 each. ER25 on 25mm shank, ER32 on 32mm shank
I always call in at TR Tooling in Sheffield as they visit a lot of auctions and regularly have new and used interesting shiny things on the shelf, yesterday was my lucky day as these were exactly what I'd been wanting (but didn't know it) for some time, the internal depth stop on the ER25 has up to 5" from the collet face, ideal for speeding up one of my regular jobs. ;-)

SSERTOOLS.jpg

Hypertherm Powermax 45 and HTP 2400 Mig. Guess that shoots the tool budget for a good long while. Should make doing fab work around the farm a lot easier and fun. Got the Mig right before the price increase, so that was nice. HTP is an awesome company, I sent them an email question hoping to hear back within a day or 2. Five minutes later president of company is on the phone wanting to walk me thru my set up question. That is pretty awesome customer service in my book. Not to sound like a shill for HTP, I have no interest in company, but these guys have repair parts and consumables for about any welder that has been made in recent history. I know of no other company that does what they do for welder parts, its pretty amazing really.

Never heard much of anything but praise for Hypertherm, so that one was a no brainer.

Thanks Janderso. It has been on my bucket list for 20 years. Couldn't afford or justify one until now. My dealer gave me an incredible deal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back