2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Plasma Cutter.
I have been looking at these for a while now. I have to assume there is a difference between a $300 plasma cutter and a $1,400 one.
I bought a good one. And I am very happy about that. Made in the USA!.View attachment 276037

Take it back and get the power max 30 air. I have one it's the best plasma cutter I've ever used. It has a built-in air compressor.

Take it back and get the power max 30 air. I have one it's the best plasma cutter I've ever used. It has a built-in air compressor.
I don't need a built in air compressor. It's nice to know you approve of the product though :)
Any time I will use it I will be at the shop.
If in the mobil repair business I can see having a built in air compressor would be sweet

Went to a pawn shop yesterday as the boss wanted to see what one was like. She said she had never been in a pawn shop.
I got these two items for $10 out the door.

GEDC3685.JPG

Spent a little time today cleaning it up and calibrating.

GEDC3686.JPG

GEDC3690.JPG

Starrett 6" level
Did I do alright?

Ray

You suck!

Sweet deal on that Starrett level.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Never heard much of anything but praise for Hypertherm, so that one was a no brainer.

I have 4 of the Hyperthermia plasma cutters, a PM30, a PM45XP, a PM65 and a PM85. In the boiler repair business we do, nothing has work as well or lasted as long as the Hypertherms. I keep the PM30 in the service van and the rest are either in the shop or out on jobs. One of the nice features is that the PM45XP, the PM65 and PM85, use a good deal of common consumables, electrodes, shields, swirl rings, etc, only the nozzle vary, based on amperage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back