2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It says delivery on Monday. I'll let y'all know.

Oops. I meant to Amazon not eBay.

Bought this to use around the shop. About $18-35 depending on enclosure and what is in the kit. Quite amazing for that cost. It isn't fast (1 MHz.) and lacks many features but for shop use for troubleshooting cnc/control signals it can work well I think. Plus, with an isolated power supply that powers it up, it can look at floating signals without too much worry of shorting anything out with the ground lead. The signal shown is 60 Hz. noise picked up by touching the probe (just like any scope). Purchased from Ebay.

CheapScope DSO138.jpg

It's been couple of weeks since i've had the weekend off, so first thing i did is to go to the local flea/tool market. I found and bought couple of square head wrenches, a 10mm, 12mm and the speed handle is 14mm also bought this MT1 to b16 chuck taper little surface rust but should clean up fine. There was a new vender there selling car parts i bought couple of oil filters from him. And last things i bought wore two old UPS units, one is 12v to 220v other is a beast close to 30lbs, 24v to 220v, i often use them as power inverter around cars and trucks, not a bad trip, i've also got leads to visit some old machines for sale during the week.
IMG_20181007_110241.jpgIMG_20181007_110328_1.jpgIMG_20181007_110540.jpgIMG_20181007_105615.jpgIMG_20181007_105456.jpg

Well today i officially found the most expensive machinery seller, this person needs to take two zeros from the end of the price to be in reality. He had also some machinist tools also overpriced, but other tools like mechanic and air tools reasonably priced, so i managed to find this waterproof hanging light with thick extension cord going thru it, i plan to put it above the work bench in my machine shop, i also got this old air wrench, i've broken couple wrenches like this so it will get used and last thing i bought was this Mitachi air grinder, all of the things i bought today need cleanup and some repairs but at the prices bought them still a good deal.
IMG_20181007_105725_1.jpgIMG_20181007_110750.jpgIMG_20181007_110814.jpg

Don't laugh, I purchased a 4MT dead center for my lathe.
I am making an effort toward accuracy. By eliminating a chuck, you know the drill.
I purchased it from Shars,IMG_1257[1].JPG and it has been inspected!!
So, I got that going for me. :)

I tried that with mine, an MT5. Stuck out so much couldn't use a dog.

I'll give it a shot, I may be in the same boat.
Custom dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back