2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds almost to good to be true.. I’ve always liked Miller products.
Be sure to let us know how it works

That miller looks like they copied the harbor freight. I guess there is a first for everything. My brother has the harbor freight look alike and it’s great. The stock settings are wonky and mostly useless but besides that it’s nice.

I have a Hugong Wave 200 AC/DC TIG stick (think ESAB 186i) and like the breed, is programmable, at this level they all are.. I wanted to do some stick and had to program my arc. What happened to the days when you flipped the switch and cranked the dial ? Sweet arc ,though. The Miller wisely saved you from a day of study.

I agree, the technology and high quality components makes these new machines more robust, easy to get it right the first time and have so many welding options out of one machine. I was looking for the plasma cutter=no cigar, yet.
I think I will look into a TIG cooler down the road. Mount it all on one cart, including the Plasma cutter.

I have four guards to make for a couple of machines. At work we had a Makita shear to cut all the curves in sheet metal .At the price of them, I could almost get a plasma cutter . Cutting sheet metal with torch isn't easy if you want a good line.

I bought the Eastwood 60 plasma cutter a year ago and it works great.
Got tired of flame cutting and all the grinding.
Now it's cut, knock bb's off with scraper and good to go.
I've cut up to 1/2' plate with no problem.

I looked at Eastwood, my local Miller supplier sells Hypertherm. I had a 30 XP. It got destroyed in the fire.
Heck, I could buy your Eastwood 60 for half the price of the Hypertherm 30.
Maybe i'll go Eastwood next time. I'm reacquiring as we speak.
Pretty happy with it were you?

Very happy with the Eastwood. I don't cut a lot. But when I do it's pretty much all day when building something and hasn't failed me yet.
Consumables are standard size so not very expensive.
Just make sure to put a good drier or 2 in line. They don't like any moisture whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back