2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
" That thing got a Hemi in it "? I guess being a 58 it could have a 392, but probably a flat 6. Nice truck. Mike

View attachment 282954

Thanks

They were available standard with a 265 Flat 6 or with an optional 315 V-8. Mine was ordered with the 315, but it was replaced with a 318 V8 at some point in its life which is apparently quite common.

Staying at my grandparents place over christmas. The door for the room I sleep in wouldn't close properly because the lock didn't quite line up with the slot in the doorframe. I removed the metal plate with the slot in it to file the slot slightly bigger and while I was looking for a square file I found this old oil can in a drawer. My grandma said I could keep it. It ought to be pretty old. All joints are soldered and the brass parts are nicely turned with beautiful knurling. It seems very well made, can't test it until I get home tough. No markings unfortunately.
5c43c2a023b59669a32ce43544894f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As likely know there are two 318s, they still used older one in trucks after they had switched over in cars to the lighter 273 small block family. Love the truck.

As likely know there are two 318s, they still used older one in trucks after they had switched over in cars to the lighter 273 small block family. Love the truck.

It is the older polyspheric A318, not the wedge LA318 that came along in the late 1960s. So back to FOMOGO's comment it has a not quite a hemi in it.

Bringing it back to machining I love the dash with its turned or at least faux turned metal accents.

dash.jpg

How/ why did you decide on Newall? Are those cylindrical scales easier to mount? They seem to have a lower profile?
Robert

After watching a video of the install, I decided to look into the Newell. Going over the manual, in my mind, it couldn't get any simpler. Can't say they're lower profile because I don't have dimensions on the encoders, but they do seem more "compact" compared to the obsolete glass scales I have on my mill now. For the functionality, the price was affordable.

Found a few things at the local market today for $8. 5/8 UNC & UNF taps, 1/2-20 adjustable die, new 12mm reamer, and um... anyone know what that middle thing is? The end nut adjusts to bulge the wire basket. For honing with sandpaper was what I had in mind.
29543af2c120f05feafea0c07b0cc48c.jpg

Merry Christmas to all.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Found a few things at the local market today for $8. 5/8 UNC & UNF taps, 1/2-20 adjustable die, new 12mm reamer, and um... anyone know what that middle thing is? The end nut adjusts to bulge the wire basket. For honing with sandpaper was what I had in mind.
29543af2c120f05feafea0c07b0cc48c.jpg

Merry Christmas to all.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

The middle tool could be an adjustable ID lap but it does look kind of funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back