2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a local estate sale of a wood and metal tool horder. I bought a few things. Phase II swivel angle plate (6"x8"), AMT tramming device, drill press vise, file, level. Can anyone identify the vise logo? I can't make it out. The amount of tool stuff in this house was beyond belief.

20181216_143731.jpg

20181216_145305.jpg

Last edited:
This guy was a true tool horder. Tools were everywhere, much if it appearing brand new. He had a really nice Bridgeport and two other milling machines plus a big Enco lathe in the basement. The young guy I talked to bought the Bridgeport, the Enco and a bunch of tooling for $12k. They were not giving stuff away but prices werent too bad. There was so much stuff you couldn't even organize anything. They will be doing another sale in January.

Do the ol pencil rubbing trick might be able to read that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I ordered a face plate for my lathe from HGR...

For some reason, HGR doesn't really give a good description, so this plate was a gamble. The ad just stated that it fit a threaded spindle... no info at all on what the thread was...

I figured for $39 plus shipping, if it doesn't fit, maybe I can bore it and re-thread it and make it work.

My spindle is a 2 3/8 x 6 tpi...

20181220_130653.jpg

It fit! Without needing to be modified!

Just luck, I guess...

-Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back