2020 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
An afterthought, if I may. From my wife actually, I don't follow racecars. The question being about all those gears. i have a 4 speed in my truck. 6 is a lot of gears, and "R", what's that for, Racing?

A lot of the new trucks, half ton that is, have 10 speed automatic in them.

Joe

My brother and I just got off the boat from Europe and were looking for work. After two weeks we see a sign in an industrial park " Now hiring, all positions". I said Stan, I'll try first and let you know if I get hired. I was interviewed by the head of personnel . He asked me what I did for a living in the old country. I told him I worked in a garment factory and sewed the crotches in ladies underwear. He said they had an opening for a job like what I did. He told me I was hired at $7.25 an hour and would start in two weeks. I told my brother that I got a job and he should go ask next.
Stan comes back and tells me he also was hired at $10.00 an hour and he starts tommorow. I was not happy and went to see the personnel guy.
I said you just hired my brother at $10.00 an hour, he starts tommorow. You said my pay was $7.25 an hour and I had to wait two weeks.
"What gives here". The fellow said your brother has an important job. I asked him what did Stan tell you he did? He said your brother said he was a diesel fitter. I asked him did he know what a diesel fitter actually did? He said it sounded important to him.
I told him in the old country I sewed the crotches in the underwear ,the last operation on the assembly line. Then handed the panties to Stan, he would inspect them for defects, then he would holler " Deese will fit her, deese will fit her"
mike

From an old Prairie Home Companion show:

"Did you hear about the Norwegian who got a snowmobile for his wife?

Ooo, that's a pretty good trade if you can pull it off."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back