2020 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My older brother had one of those. '69. Plum Crazy with a 383. Unfortunately both the car and my brother are gone (not due to the car).

You'll knock it out of whack a few times but it's no big issue to tune it back in quickly . Watch the length of your boring bars when setting up ! :) Ask me how I know . :grin:

You'll knock it out of whack a few times but it's no big issue to tune it back in quickly . Watch the length of your boring bars when setting up ! :) Ask me how I know . :grin:

Its been almost 20 years since I ran a cnc lathe. I've got to figure this one out.

How to zero return the home position, keying in the offsets, dozens of different things to learn about the machine. There is some kind of hard drive he bought to load programs to it.

Back in the day I had two cnc lathes both with OT controls and they were quite different.

I did find out from the previous owner that the bar feeder has to be hooked up for the machine to run. I'd not planned on that. When he was using it he had the feeder upstairs but still hooked to the lathe. Seems it has a very long cord.

Its been almost 20 years since I ran a cnc lathe. I've got to figure this one out.

How to zero return the home position, keying in the offsets, dozens of different things to learn about the machine. There is some kind of hard drive he bought to load programs to it.

Back in the day I had two cnc lathes both with OT controls and they were quite different.

I did find out from the previous owner that the bar feeder has to be hooked up for the machine to run. I'd not planned on that. When he was using it he had the feeder upstairs but still hooked to the lathe. Seems it has a very long cord.
I don't get it.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back