Status
Not open for further replies.
Many long years ago, I worked for Wang Computers. Long enough the Intel '286 was just developed as a toy. I think since the old man An Wang died, they have slipped into obscurity. But they were big in the '70s and '80s. Having an Apple dealer across town was a PITA, the airport security were always clamping down on my spare parts as I traveled. Apples were 8 and 16 bit machines, Wang was a 64 bit mainframe. But you don't argue technical subjects with Customs.

We had an "in house" joke, who was the world's first computer user?
Eve, she had an Apple in one hand and a Wang in the other.

Many long years ago, I worked for Wang Computers. Long enough the Intel '286 was just developed as a toy. I think since the old man An Wang died, they have slipped into obscurity. But they were big in the '70s and '80s. Having an Apple dealer across town was a PITA, the airport security were always clamping down on my spare parts as I traveled. Apples were 8 and 16 bit machines, Wang was a 64 bit mainframe. But you don't argue technical subjects with Customs.

Sadly my first experience with a computer was a Wang computer then apple II.

My first attempt at wording this didn't go so well. Being the joke thread maybe I should have left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back