Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and they helped fund our freedom too, as well as provided support in some of the conflict. Some of their armies were instrumental in our battles.

And Doctors without borders, is a French group that goes where the dire needs are.

And while it's easy to pile on them at times, and many here are nationalistic, the truth is they are a good friend to us, and we should be to them.
All true. But can we at least joke about French cars? Have to say some of them are really quirky. Like fourth bottle of wine quirky.

All true. But can we at least joke about French cars? Have to say some of them are really quirky. Like fourth bottle of wine quirky.
Mmmmm Bugatti, one of the fastest cars around.
on the other hand... You are right, the rest are the quirkiest cars around... Even the Citroen, one of the better of the quirky lot.

Wouldn't mind driving the Bugatti, when I watch the videos of it doing over 300mph, and so smoothly, I kind of get the feeling that I would like to drive it .. put it on my bucket list.

My friend who has a Cajun wife and has owned and rebuilt many French cars has a saying that could be considered a joke.

"The French follow no one.... And no one follows the French"

Okay, kinda lame but definitely applies to French automotive engineering.

John

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?
A:
Because they all have Lucus refrigerators.

That is not fair, Lucas is still a viable and ever evolving company even today. Improvements and developments continue as we speak.
I think I read it in a trade journal that Lucas electronics had successfully developed a "dark emitting diode"
In the normal automotive vernacular labeled simply DED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back