2023 Bar-z Summer Bash

I went. This was my first time. It was a blast. I was able to take a gear cutting class on Friday. It was taught by Andrew with Evolvent Design. If you need to cut gears, the calculator tab on their web site has a wealth of information. If you want to read my whole write up on it, I've got it on my blog here.

I was one of the lucky winners, winning a Hotshot 360 heat treat oven.

Lee

I missed the gear class but did have a great conversation with Andrew. When I mentioned I didn’t yet have a mill and was looking for one, he gave me his raffle ticket for the PM mill giveaway. Super nice guy.

No mill or hotshot for me, but I did win a Shars 0.0005 DTI and a certified digital caliper.

Mingling and chatting with people was the highlight for me. Made new friends and learned about more channels and resources of interest to me. Will definitely go again.

Also, Tom Lipton’s swap meet table affirmed my lack of desire to own a collectible Eagle oiler.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 3
Also, Tom Lipton’s swap meet table affirmed my lack of desire to own a collectible Eagle oiler.

I looked at those oilers, they were in pretty sad shape. I did pretty well at the swap meet.

I attended Friday and Saturday.
Only saw this thread just now. Bummer.
I wish I has seen it ahead of time and hooked up with other H-M members.
Does H-M sell Baseball caps (for identification in the crowd)?

No raffle winnings hear, but I did OK with a buy from the Heronime Family table.
Kudos to Stan and his helpers for putting the whole thing together and pulling it off with aplomb.
Not a small undertaking.

Back