285 days to retirement

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
This is getting to be the real deal.
How many days do you have?
Hey, for those of you that have already retired, this is a big deal!
Working or having a purpose to get up and be somewhere since 1972!
It's going to be pretty strange at first. Did you feel guilty? At first?
284 tomorrow :)

Yup, it's all good.
It's sobering to be the same age as my dad when he retired. :cool:

I'm not what you would call retired yet. I'm self employed and walk 40 feet to work. When I left the 39 year old job I had, it was sort of bitter sweet. The guys I worked with were family, but losing that time clock and the pressure was overwhelming for a while. Couldn't be happier now!

All that I felt was relief! Retirement has been wonderful for me.
Me too! I'm no less busy than I was before except now I make the schedule. Usually start before breakfast and put in about 6 or 7 hours.
I love it!
Aaron

I’ve only got 56 days to go but not really sure if I’ll stop working ( I like spending money). I’ve spent the last 25 years as a consultant and working 3 days a week for the last few years.
I’m looking forward to getting my small shop sorted out properly and getting on with an ever increasing list of projects so I better stop procrastinating.

As of last Thursday , I have 0 days left . Still working and it still sucks . I owe the gubmint $384 for taxes . :rolleyes:

Pretty much the same for me as Aaron. Retired officially in 02, but still put in full days on my own stuff. This winter has been pretty steady 50hr weeks trying to get the shop knocked out. The best part for me is not having to deal with clients, just get up and go to work when I'm ready. NO, ZERO, ZIP regrets for me,, I'm guessing you will enjoy it immensely. Mike

Back