2x72 belt grinder build

I ordered the plans from Jer yesterday… sigh…
I'm sure Jeremy's plans are more detailed, and overall the build is simpler and better thought out having reached gen 2. Mine are CAD versions of my working notes and have a few missing things/details.

edited to add: after reviewing some of that video, I would say I like the semi-tapered arm mount I use over the weld-fit. Just a little bit of pressure and it locks in very solidly. Jeremy's looks like the table design is somewhat better, it adds height adjustment in the horizontal orientation. And overall his design is much simpler to build, mine is a machining project, where his is a fab project. I could easily build a second table arm more akin to his design as an upgrade. One of the fun things with these is interchangeability of both the table arms and the platen mount, so options and upgrades are straightforward.

I did build my rollers and platen to be 2.5" wide even though I'm running a 2" belt. I may end up building a new 2" platen, otherwise keeping everything else identical, if I find that to be less than ideal for getting into edges, etc.

Last edited:
I'm sure Jeremy's plans are more detailed, and overall the build is simpler and better thought out having reached gen 2. Mine are CAD versions of my working notes and have a few missing things/details.

edited to add: after reviewing some of that video, I would say I like the semi-tapered arm mount I use over the weld-fit. Just a little bit of pressure and it locks in very solidly. Jeremy's looks like the table design is somewhat better, it adds height adjustment in the horizontal orientation. And overall his design is much simpler to build, mine is a machining project, where his is a fab project. I could easily build a second table arm more akin to his design as an upgrade. One of the fun things with these is interchangeability of both the table arms and the platen mount, so options and upgrades are straightforward.

I did build my rollers and platen to be 2.5" wide even though I'm running a 2" belt. I may end up building a new 2" platen, otherwise keeping everything else identical, if I find that to be less than ideal for getting into edges, etc.
I got it (the plans) to add it to the list of projects that I would like to tackle... But I am a bit of a chicken sh*t... rather than making everything, I was going to see if I could send the files to get all precut and make it just a welding project... I see his video and I see what you did here... now way I am going to be able to tackle all that cutting, sizing, and shaping and expect to get a workable grinder, hahahahahha

Grinder.JPG

Back