3 Jaw Scroll chucks - which one would you get?

That is correct. Best chuck made.

A 6" Buck adjust-tru chuck came with the lathe i purchased and my first impression was not good! I thought it was just an old worn-out piece of junk until someone on here told me what it actually was and how to properly use it and i couldn't be happier. You get 4 jaw performance with 3 jaw ease of use.
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better.

A 6" chuck is too large for a 618 or 101.21400. The largest practical size is 5" and 4" is probably safer and more practical. I don't know whether or not Buck or Pratt-Bernerd made a 4".

I agree but again, that is a 6" chuck, too large for a 6" lathe.

A 6" chuck is too large for a 618 or 101.21400. The largest practical size is 5" and 4" is probably safer and more practical. I don't know whether or not Buck or Pratt-Bernerd made a 4".
Not sure if what i looked at were all Buck or if they were even adjustable or not but i just did a quick Google search and spotted a few 5" as well as a few 4" adjust-tru chucks listed but the prices were all pretty expensive!

Yeah it looks like the Buck 1434 Adjust-Tru would be the one I want. It is a 4" 3 jaw. This is the one I've got my eye on right now:

But I would need to figure out a backing plate that would fit onto my spindle.

But I would need to figure out a backing plate that would fit onto my spindle.

I'm pretty sure the craftsman 6" lathes have a threaded 1/2"-20 TPI spindle so you should be able to make backplate for it very easily.... Just cut the threads in the center hole first then thread it on the spindle and cut the face to fit the chuck...

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines. Although my lathe has a 1”-10tpi spindle.

Back