3D models of Precision Matthews mills or lathes?

Bryan40g

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone here has created or acquired any 3d models of lathes or mills that PM sells. I use Shapr3D not for 3d printing but for accurate layout of my garage/shop. Helps me accurately arrange my small shop. Helluva lot easier than actually moving machines around.

Trying to determine if I can fit maybe the PM728vt in my workshop. Thinking maybe if I build a stand for it with leveling feet and casters. Or heavy duty leveling casters. Not ideal but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Attachments

• CC1A3FC7-AD2B-4312-97D1-E1402AC22160.png
    CC1A3FC7-AD2B-4312-97D1-E1402AC22160.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Helluva lot easier than actually moving machines around.
But not nearly as much fun . Moving machines in my garage are just another decoy to get to what really matters ......the mini fridge . It's always stocked with adult beverages fruit juice . :)

Grain juice...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

But not nearly as much fun . Moving machines in my garage are just another decoy to get to what really matters ......the mini fridge . It's always stocked with adult beverages fruit juice . :)
I need to get a mini fridge in mine. A spot will be created.

One of the most important tools in my shop.

Just don’t operate machine tools after using ;)

@Bryan40g Well, a somewhat unusual circumstance here that no one has any offerings for you, but at least we know that beer is an alternative.

@Bryan40g Well, a somewhat unusual circumstance here that no one has any offerings for you, but at least we know that beer is an alternative.
Years ago ( 35 )we set up our machining cells this way . The engineers made up small machine models and we laid the shop out to our liking . They were and still are using a Japanese style system , a sort of TPM and still use the DBS .

Just wondering if anyone here has created or acquired any 3d models of lathes or mills that PM sells. I use Shapr3D not for 3d printing but for accurate layout of my garage/shop.
I just did my wood shop in CAD. Took only a few minutes to create each item, which admittedly still adds up to a couple hours of work. I got away with fairly simple models, just measuring height and x,y extent or floor base size. Accurately modeling a mill, for example, matters a lot less than what is the total width needed to run the table left/right.

Here is a PM30 model. It's a little bigger than the PM728vt. So if the PM30 fits then you have room.

The down side is it is in SolidWorks format. Maybe you can contact the creator and have him export it in a different file format.
In SolidWorks you can export an assembly in many different CAD formats.

Maybe just create simple block like representation of the PM728vt based on the info on the PM site. Not pretty like your other models but it would get the job done.

If you want that image from GrabCad, I could download and convert it. I would need to know what format to export it into though.

Back