(4) NEW 2" Kant Twist Type Clamps $24.99

What is the thing about Kant-Kink clamps, I have about a dozen of them in various sizes, and they are the last clamps I’d reach for. I find them very well made, but extremely cumbersome and a true PITA to use, I much prefer the Bessey F-style clamp.

You can never have too many clamps. Kant twist are the only ones I’ve not run into as I’m too cheap to buy them new. These are the first cheap ones I’ve seen. The place they look handy for is like clamping to a fixture on a mill. Is that what they are made for?

I much prefer the Bessey F-style clamp.

Someday........
Bessey's are out of my price range, but the HF version seems to test pretty well. About $20 per.

You can never have too many clamps. Kant twist are the only ones I’ve not run into as I’m too cheap to buy them new. These are the first cheap ones I’ve seen. The place they look handy for is like clamping to a fixture on a mill. Is that what they are made for?

They are also very handy when welding smaller assemblies. The small ones can get into places that other clamps won't and still allow you room to maneuver.

I could see that in that it grabs at an angle. Something none of my welding clamps do. Most of my clamps are square like my vise grips C clamps and my other clamps have a screw mechanism in the way on one side. I used to have some automatically adjusting vise grip like that were wonderful because they were small. And I was always feeling like I needed 3 hands, two to hold the work and 1 to adjust the clamp. But all those auto clamps died after heavy field use.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered two sets last night. Cheers, Mike

I bought a set of those from ebay a couple months...for $20 shipped. I cleaned the typical cosmoline or whatever was on there and lubed them...they just are not as smooth as a real Kant Twist which does make them more of a PITA to use. At $5 a pop, I'll just use them as beaters, but you get what you pay for.

Back