(4) NEW 2" Kant Twist Type Clamps $24.99

They seem to have a lot of them, and I bought too... :encourage:

They seem to have a lot of them, and I bought too... :encourage:
So...you have 8 coming?! Man, you can start using them as keychains, paper weights, table cloth stays....you are SET my man! I wish they offered a larger set on a related note.

I wish they offered a larger set on a related note.
I thought you weren't that impressed with them.

These are the first imitations I've seen, I'm hoping this is a hint of things to come.

I thought you weren't that impressed with them.

These are the first imitations I've seen, I'm hoping this is a hint of things to come.
It's just they vary in how hard they are to twist, and the "copper" on the contacts and screw seems to be painted. They hold fine though.

What is the thing about Kant-Kink clamps, I have about a dozen of them in various sizes, and they are the last clamps I’d reach for.

They're a great clamp, but they're not a fast clamp. I use them a lot for fixtures, glueing things together, mating parts before doing a transfer punch that sort of thing. They tolerate uneven surfaces and have V-grooves for round parts. The F-clamps are my go-to for wood and large assemblies.

I've marred a couple of kant-twsts when welding, so this cheap set is good news. Do they have the same copper jaw with the V-slot and smooth side? I would love to be able to swap between those as quickly in the vise (speaking of which, saw ToT use a milling vise with a rotating fixed jaw to change jaw faces, wasn't sure if it was real of one of his special effects).

I like the Kant-Twists. I mainly use them for setups on the mill though. The real ones sure are expensive. I got mine whenever they were on sale. I only have 8 of them, 4 different sizes in pairs.

Stefan Gotteswinter showed his German made ones that I liked. He pointed out that they had acme screws instead a regular 60° V-thread.

But "copper" is questionable....

The copper parts are just copper plated.

They're a great clamp, but they're not a fast clamp.

That's the only thing I don't like about them, slow to use. But I bored out one of my wing nut drivers to fit the different size handles on mine. I never tried tightening mine with a impact driver or drill though, I just run the screw in & out. So much quicker to use. I got the idea from outsidescrewball on YT.

20200628_165451.jpg
20200628_165341.jpg
20200628_165324.jpg

Ok...those are the $20 for 4? Those are REAL Kant Twist? I'll post pics of mine...WAY DIFFERENT.

Back