5mt To 5c Adapter

Where to buy? I have lots of 5c collets and no way to use them. I want to go cheap and use a adapter that will screw into a rod of sorts. - pm1236 with 1 1/2 inch spindle
I look through MSC and Enco but don't see wording.
Can anyone give me a part number or page out of those books. I can really use help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can sometimes find them on ebay, but often they are listed as 5C sleeves, and frequently are listed as fitting a particular lathe. You might be able to find the specs on the lathes listed and find one with a MT5 taper in the headstock.
As for the thread sizes on the internal and external 5C collets, I have discovered they may not all be a standard size. I have a 5C collet block and a depth setting fixture that is supposed to fit the inside thread. I have found some collets fit these better than others, and some of the internal threads are too tight to fit the depth fixture. I do not understand why they would not be a standard size.

I'd like to buy a mt5 to 5c adapter if any are aroundn used. I wish I had bought one back when they were $30 instead of $100.

I never did email dave. Give him a shout. He may have the 5MT to 5C

My life got busy and I decided to put off my venture till next year until then my three Jaw Chuck will suffice

Back