6 AT collet set up

cross thread,

Well, this is the first rumour that I have seen that the lead screw from the 101.07300 was carried over to the 101.07301 initially. That probably means that should you ever have to replace the half nuts, you will have to also replace the lead screw. Unless Clausing still has the old part on the shelf. Which is probably unlikely.

Hi Robert , the DL 3/8 - 20 lead screw was in fact on the first 101.07300 . A while back a 101.07300 was for sale near me , I called the owner and he confirmed the DL 3/8 -20 lead screw was on his machine . I thanked him for the information and apologized for having no interest in buying the machine . Another fact I can confirm , the milling attachment that came with my 101.07301 machine has the DL 3/8 - 20 lead screw . Pictures if you like .
A bit of trivia , about 6 years ago I saw a CL ad (not near me but close enough) the ad was for 3 618's and one 612 for 1K . I still have regret for not buying that .
Question , what would the half nuts have to do in relationship with the lead screw ?
Mark .

Mark,

Although Clausing at last check still maintained a stock of the 6" and 10/12" halfnuts and some of the lead screws, it is highly unlikely that they are doing so for the double lead 3/8". So if his half nuts are badly worn, he probably will not be able to get new ones to replace them and since the larger half nuts will not fit the 3/8" lead screw, he will have to replace the screw, right bearing and left bearing and maybe some of the gear train as well. And I have no idea about the related parts in the apron. Had I been running the Atlas Engineering Department in 1938, I wouldn't have let them use anything except the standard 6" parts to begin with.

Back