618 micromaster filter directions--

Hmmm I need the filter tops themselves, not the pump. Not sure I even have what you took a pic of!

The door is all the way on the back left (when looking at the machine) for me.

Oh gawd . Behind the electrical cabinet ?

Oh gawd . Behind the electrical cabinet ?
My door is opposite the electric cabinet, but my electric is on the right side.

Have you changed the hydro filters for your machine yet? I found mine were disgusting last time.

I haven't fired the SG up yet only because I can't reach it , I have a bit of a space issue in the garage . I'll go back out and investigate .

I haven't fired the SG up yet only because I can't reach it , I have a bit of a space issue in the garage . I'll go back out and investigate .
Ah! Well, I would suggest changing them. The nice part is they are like $7 and common heating oil filters, so the only real trouble is how oily they are. These ones are what I buy:

All I have to do is re-arrange the entire garage contents to get to them . :encourage: That will NOT be an easy task . :grin:

I have been watching this discussion, but my micromaster is a series one, and yours is a series two and the layout of the hydraulic system is much different, but mine uses the same filter housing in the front, and I believe that it filters return oil from the system, so that the outlet port should discharge into the reservoir, mine has a filter with felt elements in the back of the machine accessed from a panel on the right rear of the machine, it too filters return oil and delivers it back to the sump. I have manuals for both series one and two and a parts book.

The manual says that the filter elements should be changed yearly.

I have been watching this discussion, but my micromaster is a series one, and yours is A series two and the layout of the hydraulic system is much different, but mine uses the same filter housing in the front, and I believe that it filters return oil from the system, so that the outlet port should discharge into the reservoir, mine has a filter with felt elements in the back of the machine accessed from a panel on the right rear of the machine, it too filters return oil and delivers it back to the sump. I have manuals for both series one and two and a parts book.
Ah, I see! I would have assumed that it filtered at the pickup, not at the discharge. Sounds like I'd put it together right the last time!

My Z axis power feed keeps getting "stuck" going away from the operator, which started the last time I changed the filters. I tried the air purge thing for it (running it for a while, then rapiding fwd and back), but it wasn't working great.

So I just pulled apart the cylinder and replaced both gaskets with some ones I cut (one of those felpro rubber/paper gaskets, but I'm going to swap it to nitrile when that shows up in a few days).

There is no sign of a leak, and it ran fine for a few mins, but then got worse than it was initially. So I started to suspect the filters. I'm changing out the filters and wanted to make sure they were pointed in the right direction.

I don't see any obvious leaks other than the power feed start "block", which has a fast stream when it's on, but always has.

Next step might be to pull apart the direction and mode block and see if there are any clogs, as well as the switch block to see if there is anything suspicious.

Back