728VT really unhappy!

I am not able to see the videos at the moment (On a flight right now and internet is not letting them play) But just to make sure, loosen all 4 mounting bolts that hold the mill to the stand so they are just finger tight. Nothing to do with leveling, it is to do with those bolts pulling down and twisting it. Then re-check and see what you get with those loose. Maybe you already did, but wanted to give you that info just in case.

I'm not sure how much I would trust that angle plate it looks a little long in the tooth.

I am not able to see the videos at the moment (On a flight right now and internet is not letting them play) But just to make sure, loosen all 4 mounting bolts that hold the mill to the stand so they are just finger tight. Nothing to do with leveling, it is to do with those bolts pulling down and twisting it. Then re-check and see what you get with those loose. Maybe you already did, but wanted to give you that info just in case.
I have not done these tests with the bolts finger tight, I replace the supplied bolts with 5/16 grade 5 bolts & nuts, along with grade 8 thick washers,, then I used a torque wrench (in a criss cross pattern) to evenly tighten each bolt. I will do the loose bolt test tomorrow night.

I'm not sure how much I would trust that angle plate it looks a little long in the tooth.
That angle plate has been scraped true, I checked it against a master reference at work on our granite plate. The angle plate is good to go. However if your not satisfied with it, please order a new one and ship it to me.

I can see your future:

torque
measure
torque
measure
torque
measure....

Thats odd, something strange is going on there then. I think its best to swap it out for a new machine. I want to see this machine in person and inspect to see what happened here. Whatever you do, don't do anything with the connection from the column to base, I need that as it came from the factory. (Meaning when taking it off of the stand or anything, I doubt that would even be a thought but just mentioning it)

I need to investigate this one real close and see what happened. I know there was shipping damage discussed, but that should not have moved the column. While this was going on, I had other machines checked here, and all were exactly how they should be.

Thats odd, something strange is going on there then. I think its best to swap it out for a new machine. I want to see this machine in person and inspect to see what happened here. Whatever you do, don't do anything with the connection from the column to base, I need that as it came from the factory. (Meaning when taking it off of the stand or anything, I doubt that would even be a thought but just mentioning it)

I need to investigate this one real close and see what happened. I know there was shipping damage discussed, but that should not have moved the column. While this was going on, I had other machines checked here, and all were exactly how they should be.
Absolutely will not (and hadn't even thought of doing so) touching the column or bolts ect......how do you want to proceed?? It will take me a week(ish) until I can get this machine ready to go back to you. I need to get a buddy over here, get an engine crane from work, rebuild the shipping skid (more that in a minute), get the machine back to the shop & crated up, ect.....
The skid the machine was bolted to "shredded " as we removed the mill ( please picture) I am going to rebuild this skid and return machine on it.
How & when do we want to make this exchange?

20240116_165230.jpg

That’s what I said. Any reputable business owner goes out of the way to make things right. I am nuts about keeping my customers happy. I am not surprised to see you agree to swap it out.

Back