90 Working Days LeftTo Retire :)

My routine really didn't change until the last 60 days so that is when it really started to set in. It felt weird but also exciting at the same time to walk out the door for the last time and drive away.

Congratulations!!!!!

I know nothing about retirement but something your wife should know about COBRA.

They never tell you but COBRA insurance can be purchased retroactively.
You don’t need to sign up for it unless you need it to pay for what would have been a covered medical expense under your old plan.

You should check this out for yourself but last year when I changed jobs my wife was concerned. The cost of COBRA insurance is crazy high, and they’ll sell it to you the day after you leave your job. But, if you’re healthy and can schedule appointments or procedures before your current insurance is gone you’ll be dollars ahead.

YMMV,

John

I can't imagine what it would be like to retire from a job that you've had for a number of years. One day you go to work, and the next you don't...... Forever. To me it would be like jumping into an ice cold lake, a real shock to the system. :eek:

I've been self-employed for over 20 years, and now that I'm ''retired'' I just work less, and only on the fun stuff.

The time will fly by, and you will be there before you know it, Jeff; for me, that was ten years ago, like you, I could hardly wait, but wait I did, until I reached my max SS benefit at 65 and six months.

Jeff, what you are experiencing is common enough that it has a name, "short-timer's syndrome". In high-school it was known as "senioritis". It can even infect the people around you who aren't even retiring. Once you've set the date, you might as well just leave.

The short timer's battle cry;
I'M SO SHORT I HAVE TO STAND ON A DIME TO SEE OUT OF MY SHOES

I just seem scattered and I can't seem to focus on any one thing for very long.
Mr. Whoopee beat me to it. Short Timer's Syndrome is real, and it will take a few months retired before the symptoms fade. Do not fear. You will get 'er done, and when you do finally leave your career behind, the relief will be life-altering.

At least is was for me. Single best career move I ever made.....

Yep, Same thing here, and it didn't help that my boss quit giving me special tasks. So the last couple months was mostly spinning my wheels.

Congratulations Jeff !!

Congratulations Jeff :encourage: I had to be on my toes to the last minute:)

Back