In Memorium: Bob Korves

When I joined this site in 2017 Bob was one of the main contributors, well respected and a wealth of knowledge which he was more than willing to share but I noticed his lack of daily participation for the last 2-3 years , always wished he was alright and just too busy with other hobbies ,I hope he gets well soon , we may not show it but those of us who knew who you were, miss you , get well soon Bob.
A bunch of us got together one Saturday to help him move when he sold his house. I don’t think he ever got rid of anything :)
His wife was living out of her home and they sold that as well.
I think combining the two homes kept him occupied for quite some time.
It seems like a year or two ago he mentioned he had been diagnosed with the beginning stages if dimentia and apologized in advance for any forgetfulness.
That’s Bob.

Thank you Jeff for this thread, many of us appreciate the updates on the whereabouts/ mental and physical health of fellow members here, although sometimes the news makes us sad but it is always better to know. at least that's how I feel.

I am thinking I am going to make a list of people my wife or kids could call if something unfortunately happens to me. (in 10 or so years, lol)
Thanks Jeff... It's wonderful you let us know....

It was a fantastic day and Bob (and we) had a great time. Like Jeff, and many of us in Northern California, Bob has brought us together and helped us in innumerable ways. It was so great to see him again.

Hi Bob, I am very sorry to hear about your health difficulties.
Good thoughts and best wishes from up here too.
It is clear from your posts here how knowledgeable you are.
It is clear from reading the above just how well respected you are.
Get Well!
Brian

I received word today, one if our members, Bob Korves, has been admitted to Kaiser in the Sacramento area.
He has an aggressive brain tumor and no longer has the ability to speak.
There is no recovery from this illness.

I wanted to pass this along as I’m sure, some of you long time contributors, were able to learn from Bob’s good advice.
I know he helped me a few times.

I’ll miss you my friend.

Oh man , so sorry to hear this. I met Bob when we gave him a special tour (and maybe some of you denizens here too) through the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum with a round trip on the Railbus.

Let’s enjoy to the max the unknown time we have left with our friends, families and toys…

Bob was one of the few who gave me valuable advice when I needed, he made himself available here every single day , I for one will miss his posts.

Back