In Memorium: Bob Korves

I am so very sorry to hear about this. I will sincerely miss you, Bob, and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I received word today, one if our members, Bob Korves, has been admitted to Kaiser in the Sacramento area.
He has an aggressive brain tumor and no longer has the ability to speak.
There is no recovery from this illness.

I wanted to pass this along as I’m sure, some of you long time contributors, were able to learn from Bob’s good advice.
I know he helped me a few times.

I’ll miss you my friend.
While sad news to hear this morning, thank you for sharing Jeff.

For those that didn't know Bob, you can get some insight into his character and contributions to this community by exploring his many, many posts and threads here.

Let’s enjoy to the max the unknown time we have left with our friends, families and toys…
A very fitting statement. Don't take life for granted; the expiration date is unknown.

Whenever I saw one of Bob's posts my interest was piqued by what he had to say. May he have smooth waters and tailwinds in his journey. God speed my friend.

Very,very sorry to hear of his condition. I do not know him, or of his site but I will most definitely pray for the gentleman and his family.

Oh man , so sorry to hear this. I met Bob when we gave him a special tour (and maybe some of you denizens here too) through the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum with a round trip on the Railbus.

Let’s enjoy to the max the unknown time we have left with our friends, families and toys…
Bob and I talked about going back for another visit.
I had a tour of your machine shop one Saturday morning, I asked how a guy could help out?
I was told, just show up, we’ll put you to work.

just show up, we’ll put you to work.
This is the part of Bob that connected with me. He was the “face” of H-M, the friendly in “The friendly machinist forum”,for me because he was the guy who seemed to be in the same areas I was most interested in. And his responses were the most relatable for me. He was one of my heroes here. And as such on a pedestal I aspired to. There was a thread about precision tool room stones and I realized I really needed a set but knew I couldn’t afford a set. I mentioned I see the need but was hard for me to justify.

Bob PM me and said if I’d purchase the stones he would show me how to do it on his surface grinder gave me a timeline of how long it would take including cleaning up the mess :) I only wish I’d been able to work out how to get up there to meet him and do that project together. I’ve had this happen a couple of times now where guys whom I admire I had a chance to meet and time ran out.

I received word today, one if our members, Bob Korves, has been admitted to Kaiser in the Sacramento area.
He has an aggressive brain tumor and no longer has the ability to speak.
There is no recovery from this illness.

I wanted to pass this along as I’m sure, some of you long time contributors, were able to learn from Bob’s good advice.
I know he helped me a few times.

I’ll miss you my friend.
Thanks for sharing, Jeff.

Back