A few of my CNC plasma cutouts

I should build another one using aluminum extrusions like you have Bruce. I'd probably have to sell the one I have to get the funds for it though.

Gadget you know the story with the extrusion i'm using,it was donated so i couldnt pass it up... I havent even priced the extrusion, but i dont think it's exactly cheap, but building the table like i have using the 1 1/2"x1/4" angle and the extrusion would make it cheaper than building the entire table out of extrusion..

I hope i can get my table running as well as yours gadget..

heres another place i looked at when i was contemplating building my own http://www.automation4less.com/store/

Nice work

I've seen bundles of that 8020 stuff on ebay when looking through the metal section don't know if they were deals or not but might be worth a look if your interested.
  1. Wayne

im trying to build me a cnc plasma table

can someone point me in a direction . i built a weld table a few months ago and now have desided to do a cnc plasma on top of it and so my quest has begun . first i made it out of steel box tubing 1/4 inch so no problems in being strong enough . but will have to do some mods to the table for a water table underneath when i get the cnc done if that day ever comes lol . but my problem is i have never done cnc so been doing a lot of reading these last few months on the matter and wanted to know about what is a good software package to do nice cut outs with as i have been looking at plasma cam and mack 3 and have found a program called cam 777 that i have not quiet figured out what it all does but has a few files in it to look at but cant edit the files so kinda lost with this program . so tonight i figured i would start talking in the news groups and see what comes up been a long time since i seen the news groups wow like ten yrs lol. so thanks for your help. richard

The 8020 stuff is a little expensive but very strong. I can put a 4X8X1 plate on mine with no problem. My machine is 4X4 and a ton of fun to run. I use a Hyperterm PM 1000 G3 with machine torch and it rocks. If you buy a ready made kit your looking at about 4000 with cutter for a Torchmate 2X2 and 7500 for a 4X4. I love mine, but havent used it much since I got sick. Thats my new years resolution to clean out the shop and fire it up again.
Bob

Back