A good example of a bad idea

23 minutes of instructions on how to fling a part out of a drillpress, is this real or just a British comedy show?
It is awesome either way.

Mr. Bean drills a hole, fantastic premise.

I think one of my favorite parts is when he said I would put more clamps on if I had them. Too bad they were still on order, or we could have seen him use 4 clamps wrong. He was very lucky the end mill did not snag and pull the part up and spin it.

I was waiting for that to happen. Surprised it didn't...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed the box was slipping on the table between the clamps during the first cut.
He should watch some videos before making one like this one.
John

Thirty years ago I worked as a projectionist for a local movie theater. Every once a while I showed a horror flick. Compared to those movies, this video was darn right scary. :nuts: Mark

I have done some bone head things like this to spite the fact that I attempt to work safely. I have a middle finger on my left hand that is slightly shorter than it should be because I looked to make sure I made a compound cut the correct way and my finger slipped between the blade guard on the saw. Fortunately I only lost about 1/4" of my finger, the surgeon said 2mm more and he would have had to take it back to the next joint. I think luck and friends who will give you a slap in the face for being an idiot are the only things that will keep you from serious injury sometimes.

Man, I've seen some chaos happen, even when I was careful, and doing my best to make it safe.

As I've aged, I've learned that it's more important to get out alive than it is to make good time!

I won't even watch the darn video, because I just hate to watch people get hurt.:whistle:

23 minutes of instructions on how to fling a part out of a drillpress, is this real or just a British comedy show?
It is awesome either way.

Mr. Bean drills a hole, fantastic premise.

He's South African not british, it's not our fault I promise.

:)

Stuart

Xalky go ahead and watch he has his guardian angel with him this day. He never got hurt. How he didn't I do not know. I hope nobody else tried this and did.

This video shows how not to use step clamps. He was pretty lucky. I'm not trying to pick on this guy, he just never got the proper training. If only he had come to a forum like this one and asked how do I do this. Well maybe someof the rest of you guys will have some vids or stories to share. Mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlUA9WUas-A

Ouch, not the right way to use those clamps. Turn those blocks around. Those step blocks are to allow the strap clamps to be one step above level for proper clamping. Nice cross table just the wrong use of it.

Probably get away with milling thin plastic with a drill press.

Another consideration is Drill press spindle isnt designed for side loading. The chuck could easily vibrate loose and cause some excitement. May not be an issue with the light plastic but still.

Back