A little collet help for a newbie?

Nice looking machine. You do what you have to do. Like many here, I bought a new mill & lathe (PM) because I had no way to fix or rebuild an old one. Now that I have some tooling and the means to make or acquire stuff, I would really like to have a mill like you have. Keep us informed on your tooling hunt and if you make any special arbors to fit it.

Enjoy!!! Merry Christmas!!! Chewy

Chewy,
Will do.. having the mill is nice, I must agree... but I need to make sure it gets the proper repairs.. All the lead screws have a lot of slop and with the binding in the quill I know she needs some long overdue attention from neglect.. but I think I'm going to take a lot of pics and share all the repairs and inspections here and maybe even U-tube it. Either way, thanks for all the info and I will try to keep everyone up to date... The Mechaniic...

It resides at where I work because of space and power requirements and I think you all might agree with me when I say, I really enjoy having it at work because it really seems to keep my marital stress at a minimum.

..........because you're never at home? ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I hope you are having an amazing Christmas as well.

-brino

Back