A little do-dad

Yowsa! I just checked my local supplier. The K-201 is $450 new. Gulp!

I'm assuming you have an AXA size tool post. The smallest shank K1-44 & K1-201 comes in is 5/8" according to their current catalog. I could of sworn they used to come in 1/2" but not for sure. You want the RH configuration shank. Since you'll need to use an oversized AXA holder to mount the 5/8" shank don't get the center configuration shank, you may not be able to get low enough to reach spindle center line. The p/n would be K1-44-10-0625R-E which is the E series. L series is the one that can knurl up to a shoulder. But it uses different wheels & mounting pins.

I only use Accu-trak convex knurling wheels (better for axial feeding) but I'm sure the Eagle Rock/Knurlcraft wheels are good too.

Yowsa! I just checked my local supplier. The K-201 is $450 new. Gulp!

That would be about the price of the K1-44. The K1-201 is usually around $200.

Oh, I'm assuming that's CAD?

I remember the K1-201 being about $180 & the K1-44 about $330 USD but that was yrs ago. Prices could have gone up.

For a budget friendly alternative...

Then there's my 'kludge' style knurler. (which is in need of a design revision...)

What vendor are we using/supporting For Eagle rock, and Accu-trak

Me personally I would look at MSC, All Industrial, or Ajax cause they are reputable vendors I have dealt with. MSC is on my list only cause I have a local MSC outlet & my sales rep always gives me discounts. I have not checked prices on them lately though.

Accu-Trak you have to buy direct from them. Great company. I always phone in my orders.

Thanks Will, MSC always seems to be expensive for shipping, and handling, but I'll check, thank you

Back