A little rant to make me feel better

Yea, seams most of those so called charities more than 50 percent goes just to pay the top half of the staff. Then you have the lower stuff, Last a few cents goes to what you were giving it for.
Don't get me started on some of the vet stuff. even for things like the wounded warrior programs. They were originally intended for those who got hurt duty related, shot up etc. Then while the wife was working on base, Found that just about anything qualified to get you that stuff, Guy wrecks his cycle and gets all the befits as the guy who got shot up. Not to mention the wife and kids got all kinds of perks as well. RANT Rant and more rant.

We're eligible for food stamps but we don't even ask. My extra little I make selling used equipment helps us survive and makes me feel like I'm at least trying to support my wife and now my grand daughter.

Dude, take the food stamps. Your family is precisely who these programs are intended for--people who are busting their rears doing their best to scrape by, and have a ton of factors outside their control that makes it difficult to make a living. 60-odd percent of food stamp recipients are children, and something like 75% of the non-children, non-retiree recipients actually have jobs. No shame in getting a little help if you're already busting your butt. They won't be that much of a boost, but $100 less spent on food a month is a $100 more that can go into shelter, clothing, and your side business. Better nutrition means a better life for your granddaughter.

That's what I pay my taxes for--to take care of fellow Americans who are trying to do the right thing--not to line the pockets of greedy, selfish SOBs that work the system (on both ends of the wealth spectrum...) I'm sure you've paid your fair share into the system, too; nothing wrong with getting what you paid for!

ON TOPIC: the reason you see expiration dates on everything from salt to bottled water? New Jersey. New Jersey passed a law a while back that stated everything intended for human consumption required an expiration date legibly printed on the packaging. It's expensive to print multiple packaging for different states (hence the California warnings, too), so manufacturers just pulled a date out of their biscuits and printed it on all their packaging. And hey, if it means people toss out perfectly good items and buy new, well, that's just a bonus.

kvt said:
<"charities" that are scams>

Charity Navigator (google 'em) is a good place to start whenever you're thinking about donating. They screen the financials of all registered 503(c)s. My personal rule of thumb is, if you're calling me, I'm not donating, because the telemarketing company is taking 80%+ of the take.

I agree with Sapper, if you are working and trying, take the food stamps, It is the people that want the food stamps handed to them, are able to work, but just do not and will not take a job that get me. also agree with Sapper, the reason labels are so messed up is all the different regulations even in the Federal gov that makes things so confusing and then all the law suits that cause them to have to put all this stuff on the labels. It's so bad I think at times that is the reason the bottles and packages seem so over sized is so they have a place to put all the BS on it.

Speaking of 'tag lines," a friend of mine uses
"We've got to stop saying "How dumb can you be!", people are taking it as a challenge. "

Marks and Spencers started the use by date in the 50's in their store rooms.
By the 70's it had found its way onto the shelves in the stores.
Then it became mandated by the EU.
There does not appear to be any hard and fast scientific reason behind the dates although most believe its a food safety reason.
Personally I'm a strong believer in the sniff test and stuff the dates.
Probably a better criterion would be a "Packaged on" date then consumers could make up their own mind.
For the US history have a look here
http://packwithtechnik.com/history-of-expiration-dates/

My ongoing Rant , delete if inappropriate,
Sense the USA got sold out to china, it kinda started with Walmart after Sam died, apple and several other companies followed ,then wall street sold out the rest .
China now owns us and have most of our technology ,trying to hack the rest ,they don't like us.
China and n Korea are butt buddies, china is giving n Korea the technology / materials to make missiles and nukes, knowing it is p****ing us off .
N Korea is also Butt buddies with Iran and other rouge nations , guess what they'll sell them.
The Chinese are buying up a lot of California and other states and treating the natives like cr**p
they are the ones with all the money ,that we gave them.
I wish Our country never had anything to do with china,
American greed has ruined this country
I'm saying it like I'm seeing it , sorry if you don't see it like I do.

Charity Navigator (google 'em) is a good place to start whenever you're thinking about donating. They screen the financials of all registered 503(c)s. My personal rule of thumb is, if you're calling me, I'm not donating, because the telemarketing company is taking 80%+ of the take.

I agree with both points. Charity navigator is very helpful. And I NEVER respond to telephone solicitations. Even from charities that I donate to. Firstly, you don't know if they are actually who they say they are. The charities I support always seem to be able to contact me by mail. Secondly, I hate the damned phone calls at supper time. There's no way in hell that I'm going to give you money for interrupting my meal.

I hate whats going on with China. They should never been give the most favored trading nation status. But then in the back of my mind, I remember all the same claims with Japan in the 70's. The fear then was that Japan was going to buy up all of California. While I bet there would not have been the concern, that they would have cried if other states were being bought up.

The one positive side of allowing these foreign countries to buy up American assets, is they will be less inclined in doing wrong to the US, as their assets can easily be frozen. I could spend all day listing bad things, so I'll stop here.

Ok, you guys almost had me hook, line, and sinker, but I'm not going to bite.
Besides, I'd need another computer and at least a dozen keyboards before I'd finish if the site even had enough memory space to hold the post. LOL
Instead, I'll just ask you one question:
"Who writes proposed legislation ????"
I'll give you a hint. It's not your politicians.

Oh, it's bad alright. Cash registers (at least some) show pictures of the coins needed to give correct change (e.g. 2 quarters, a dime and three pennies). Sad.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Back