A master of his art - Knights helmet

Very impressive!
Thanks for sharing that.

....but he should really investigate those sparks and funny noises that his grinder occasionally makes. ;)

Brian

That was fun. Tuck shrinking on a very large scale to start the part!

When I was young I made 5 or 6 helmets that way. It is a lot easier than it looks to make a decent job. Perfection takes more skill and time! What is surprisingly hard is the compound bends you have to make for shoulder and knee joints.

Just watched this in total awe, well worth the 30 mins
I have watched several of this guys vids. He’s Ukrainian. I watched that vid a couple of weeks ago. While the helmet is fascinating for me the gauntlet is true magic. Working fairly thick sheet steel like that in small and intricate pieces blows me away. He has a different approach to metal working than the car guys. Like his use of an arbor press to do the tucks. I had heard of that but with the tuck puck. So I’m going to steal both those ideas :) I also like all the specialized dollies and other formers.

I think I showed you my crude tucking dies for the rivet squeeze a while back. I used that setup a lot on the Howard project. Ugly but effective....

Back