A pain in the grass ..........................

CHECK THE BAG TAG!!

Unless you are using the big white bag you need to check the bag tag at the bottom.

Last year got a bag of blnded Fescue, checked bag tag, not coated seed and it did well.

Later picked up another bag without checking as it was same exact bag.

Get it open and coated seed $//=×%&*!!

Bag tag indicated coated seed, same bar code but different batch.

Just get the white bag now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

CHECK THE BAG TAG!!

Unless you are using the big white bag you need to check the bag tag at the bottom.

Last year got a bag of blnded Fescue, checked bag tag, not coated seed and it did well.

who are you replying to? Me?

My $50 yearly 50 lb bag of grass seed at TSC is $100 this year . :eek: That's a hell of a price to feed the darn birds that eat it faster than I can spread it . o_O
you're suppose to overseed in the fall not in the spring.. when your normal temps fall into the 70's lay between 3 to 10 lbs per thou square feet of turf.. use a starter fert and water every day till the new grass is about 2 inches.. then reduce that to about two times a week and finally once a week

something is wrong, because we are paying more here on the East Coast. Fuel? Our grocery prices are up period... everything.
Went to the fish store yesterday... Sole (didn't pay attention to what kind of sole, when I saw the price it wasn't for me) was $50 a lb.. My wife likes salmon... I think because of her high blood pressure, or cholesterol, she wants to have it weekly... It's almost double the price...
us pros have been talking about it, the price of seed and fert going up quite a bit in the last 6 months

CHECK THE BAG TAG!!

Lesco tall fescue or Black Beauty.. but it also depends on what zone you're in too.. like me, i am in 7a, wishing that Zoysia grew here..

But what ever brand you use, be sure that there is no weed seed in it.. i don't care what percentage is says it has.. it ain't good enough.. you want zero weed seed

Lesco tall fescue or Black Beauty.. but it also depends on what zone you're in too.. like me, i am in 7a, wishing that Zoysia grew here..
zoysia will grow here. My dad and I put it in when I was a kid, early 60s, we put plugs every few inches... I think 6 or 12 can't remember. when he passed in 82, it was really starting to take hold, most of the ground was brown all winter, and green all summer. Low amount of mowing.. It was good to see it finally worth it... but not for him... for the next owner of the house.. It really take a long time for that to grow.

zoysia will grow here. My dad and I put it in when I was a kid, early 60s, we put plugs every few inches... I think 6 or 12 can't remember. when he passed in 82, it was really starting to take hold, most of the ground was brown all winter, and green all summer. Low amount of mowing.. It was good to see it finally worth it... but not for him... for the next owner of the house.. It really take a long time for that to grow.
Yes.. they say it will do well here but i am not that confident about it.. they have a Zoysia seed now.. last time i check at the GIE, it was bout 450 bucks for 50 lbs of seed. Nice thing about it.. low maintenance, no weeds and only have to mow it about once every two weeks

Yes.. they say it will do well here but i am not that confident about it.. they have a Zoysia seed now.. last time i check at the GIE, it was bout 450 bucks for 50 lbs of seed. Nice thing about it.. low maintenance, no weeds and only have to mow it about once ever two weeks
but like I said, good for the next owner... it takes so long to grow... but it does choke the weeds out, and because it takes so long to grow, your mowing is greatly reduced... I don't know how old you are, but my dad was early to mid thirties,

Back