A pain in the grass ..........................

but like I said, good for the next owner... it takes so long to grow... but it does choke the weeds out, and because it takes so long to grow, your mowing is greatly reduced... I don't know how old you are, but my dad was early to mid thirties,
yeah.. 65.. and i have a lawn care company

Not being a farmer , I guess I'm under seeding ? :big grin: All I know , I couldn't get grass under my large Maple tree until the new neighbors cut all their pine trees down last spring . I finally got grass to grow and it looks great . The other house just needs some more seed as it has dirt spots and grass mixed . Just catching up from last year but having sticker shock .

Not being a farmer , I guess I'm under seeding ? :big grin: All I know , I couldn't get grass under my large Maple tree until the new neighbors cut all their pine trees down last spring . I finally got grass to grow and it looks great . The other house just needs some more seed as it has dirt spots and grass mixed . Just catching up from last year but having sticker shock .
yeah.. shade will do that.. sadly

I've been in this house since 93 . Every year , 50 lbs of seed went into this area . It would sprout to about 2" and then just die and dwindle out . I gave up on it . Without the pine trees blocking the sun , last year the grass came in and is still there ! :encourage: Maybe I'll get a pair of horseshoe pits back in this summer .

I've been in this house since 93 . Every year , 50 lbs of seed went into this area . It would sprout to about 2" and then just die and dwindle out . I gave up on it . Without the pine trees blocking the sun , last year the grass came in and is still there ! :encourage: Maybe I'll get a pair of horseshoe pits back in this summer .
at what time of year were you doing this.. hopefully not in the spring

Good luck with the Maple tree... damn things always put their roots on top of the grass, or just sticking out.. They like to torture us.. I have to stand on my lawn tractor, otherwise my private parts take a massive beating (think ping pong) as I bounce from one root to the next on my property line with my neighbor. The previous owner didn't honor setbacks and planted on the property line or on my property ... It's a real rough ride..

Good luck with the Maple tree... damn things always put their roots on top of the grass, or just sticking out.. They like to torture us.. I have to stand on my lawn tractor, otherwise my private parts take a massive beating (think ping pong) as I bounce from one root to the next on my property line with my neighbor. The previous owner didn't honor setbacks and planted on the property line or on my property ... It's a real rough ride..
i use the weedeater in those cases

Back