A score at the thrift shop - Gloat?

Thats sweet john, Im learning something new every day, I had absoultly no idea about Kennedy boxes. For years I have in the shop they are three
stacked up, never gave it a though or I always thought it was just another **** box, I can see a wooden 1920s felt lined machinst box but 2to 300dollar
Kenedys I just may sell mine and get a 50 dollar HF one and buy more tooling good score

It's a pin mic. It can be setup for checking a particular range of size pins for under/over.

Joe

Because of the controversy,I'm not going to say YOU SUCK!!! The fact is,we both suck!! I got a similar chest,even more full of tools way back when I was starting out on my first lathe. It was $100.00 too. That'd be a lot more by now,but it was and still is worth it.

The Kennedy chest was so heavy,I had to take it on a bus rather than try to lug it 3 blocks at the time. It was a great boost to my limited tooling back then. I'm sure you feel much the same way,though I don't know how many tools you already had.

That is a device to measure the consistency of the necks of shell casings. I bought one in gun shop years ago assuming it was a one-off some machinist had made. It had no instructions with it nor markings on it.

I never liked it much, preferring to use a ball mike for the purpose. A few months ago I disassembled it to cannibalize the thing.

Does yours have any markings or indication of the maker? Obviously it had no instructions, or you would have known what it is.

Nice there is at least 100 dollars worth of HSS bits there if you were to buy the stock new so the tools are all bonus

Great find. Since the guy said there was more STUFF still coming you can bet he will be looking now . Bet he will have more coming in soon. Sounds like you will be doing a followup soon. That's a nice haul.

Back