A Westbury 10cc Boxer Engine

I had to download the .mov file and play it outside of my browser to get audio. I have a slow internet connection.

I did the same, download and then play. Great sounding (and looking) engine.
What ran across the floor? I couldn't tell what it was. Maybe it didn't like the sound! :cool:

I had to download the .mov file and play it outside of my browser to get audio. I have a slow internet connection.
Spicewood Texas is in the sticks. It must be nice living there.
Is the land difficult to farm?

I read one of Robert Caro’s books about President Johnson. I believe the family lived in the Johnson City area.
According to this book, Johnson brought electrical power to the hill country of Texas.
When Caro visited the hill country, he described the land, the people, the politics.

I’ve had an interest in driving through that part of the country some day.
Texas has some beautiful scenery.

Spicewood Texas is in the sticks.
You should go to Van Horn. THAT is out in the sticks, especially North of the airport. I have a couple of stories about Van Horn and Tommy Lee Jones. ;)

WOW, very nicely done. Runs and sounds great.

Greg

Downloaded the .mov and got audio. No idea why I couldn't do that yesterday.
Very cool!

I did the same, download and then play. Great sounding (and looking) engine.
What ran across the floor? I couldn't tell what it was. Maybe it didn't like the sound! :cool:
Hello 34-40, that fast moving shadow was a friendly chipmunk who seems to like the shop. Hard to shoo him out when it is just me but he got out of Dodge fast when the engine started!

What an interesting and well built engine.
I particularly like the crankshaft design as I had never seen one with clamp bolts before.

Ray
Hello Ray. Didn't know what to think of that crankshaft myself. The drawing has the cross-bolts partly through the crankpin to lock things up but there is no going back if everything is not lined up precisely, and you'll only know that by putting it between centres and using a DTI. I found my setup was easy to knock about until it ran true and then final tighten the bolts. Westbury also commented that the engine could probably run with things "floating" so I thought I'd chance my way.

Great job on the engine. I love boxer engines and bought plans for a 4 cylinder boxer engine from Martin Ohrnsdorf and plan on making that once I get some other projects done.

Back