Abandoned steam engine brought back to life

Thanks Jeff, that was a relaxing cool video. Steam is cool, I mean hot.... awesome.
One of the cool things about steam is the ability to reuse it. I watch the Battleship NJ channel, and steam was used for the engines (propulsion) as well as electricity, It was interesting seeing that too.

edit: one of the things both videos talk about is how you don't want water in the steam, the speed and pressure at which the water travels can cut through metal

I have a feeling that guy doesn't talk much when he isn't talking about steam engines and we probably witnessed him use up all his words for the whole month. I'm glad he did though, that was a lot of information!

That was a great video. Did not even realized how long it was.

That facility has the perfect person running it. Passionate, proud, smart as heck, and with ability to share the history and importance…. and looks like he puts his heart and soul in it.

I still laughed when he explained the check valves on the pump: “you know, like a diode”

I really enjoyed the video. That was a great find. Thank you for sharing.

That was a great video. Did not even realized how long it was.

That facility has the perfect person running it. Passionate, proud, smart as heck, and with ability to share the history and importance…. and looks like he puts his heart and soul in it.

I still laughed when he explained the check valves on the pump: “you know, like a diode”

I really enjoyed the video. That was a great find. Thank you for sharing.
Yeah, I’d like to know his background. We have Dave Richards, (
) a youtuber who runs his early 1900’s machine shop on steam and line shafts.
But this guy Alex, he is the real deal. Where did he get the experience to be able to go to the bureaucrats and say, I have e experience with these engines and we would like to get her running.

I have a feeling that guy doesn't talk much when he isn't talking about steam engines and we probably witnessed him use up all his words for the whole month. I'm glad he did though, that was a lot of information!
He's very focused!

Back