ACRA manual down feed?

Does it feel like the quill is tight or possibly something like the quill spring is jamming or something is rubbing. My quill also does not come all the way up unless the weight of the lever is toward the back of the mill. Is the jamming something new?

It has been tight from the start, and more effort than I think it should have in the 1 inch range as stated. It feels like something is dragging/rubbing both up, and down. I can see some witness marks on the quill, but no serious gouging.

My Friend, I have an off topic question to ask you since I'm fairly new to the group. I had a guy who read/looked through my thread and noticed I needed an expensive part. The best way for me to get another one would be from a machine that was parted out, or about to be scrapped. This guy sent me a message through a video I have on youtube, and not through this group. It makes me think he's not a member, and possibly it could be a scam. It sounds to good to be true if you know what I mean.

Sorry to hijack your thread my friend. The Bridgeport part I'm talking about is called a Ram Adapter, or Cabbage Head. A youtuber in NJ wants to give me the part at no charge. I mention the damage to the Ram Adapter on page 4 of my thread in post number 36. About a minute and 40 seconds into the video in my post I explain the damage. https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/old-bridgeport-gets-new-lease-on-life.95503/page-4

I'm going to question this person on youtube to try and determine if he's for real, or a scammer. Anyone's thoughts would be a great help. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

If it's the part you need, and he's not asking for you to send money to Nigeria, it could be good. You are right about being cautious check it out carefully.

Back