Acu-Rite is catching up to TouchDRO :)

They have a lot of catching up to do to come close to what you provide.. Plus pricier .
Thanks for your product!

So, does your system also work with an iPad? I was under the impression it was for Android's?

So, does your system also work with an iPad? I was under the impression it was for Android's?
No. "works on iPad" is a bug. Not a feature:
1. 5-10x more expensive hardware (low cost Kindle sells for $50; mid-range Lenovo - $200). IPad mini is $400 and goes up from there.
2. Very restrictive OS (USB is locked out for all practical purposes, BlueTooth requires device cerification)
3. Using external web cams (coming soon to TouchDRO) is pretty much not possible with an IPad.
4. Very strict rules about what an app ca and can't do. Even silly stuff like opening a local CSV file is a major pain.

This is to name just a few. My goal was to keep TouchDRO flexible and open for integration. IPad/is makes a lot of sense if you want to have a closed system.

Regards
Yuriy

Different strokes. Looks to me like they weren't catching up, rather going in a different direction ( iOS ), while you go in yours. Which, it looks like you do very well. Lots of ways to skin a cat.

Yeah, site tried to force me to enter an email and phone no just to view the web site.

No thank you and doesn’t bode well for any of their other business practices…pass.
Just click on the page (not the popup) and you will be able to view the site.

Aeem you don’t have that option on iphone. Page overlay is probably too big for the screen.
No pop-up in Safari on iPhone 14+ running iOS 16.6, but I have "Block Pop-Ups" turned on.

All things considered, that's not a bad price for Accurite. Interesting that one of the big companies has released a similar product to yours.

I really don't like the interface on Accurite, and much prefer Newall.

Back