Acu-Rite is catching up to TouchDRO :)

All things considered, that's not a bad price for Accurite. Interesting that one of the big companies has released a similar product to yours.

I really don't like the interface on Accurite, and much prefer Newall.
AcuRite is now part of Heidenhain, so it's a really good price. Overall, this is actually good news for me. This moves tablet-based DRO systems from a "fringe" hobby thing into the mainstream. And all things considered, if I find myself competing with Heidenhain, I'm not doing too bad... (besides the fact that they can "eat" me in no time if they choose so, with their resources)
The thing that ticked me a bit is their "first in its kind" and "pioneering" technology that they release 10 years after a schmuck working from a spare bedroom.

Regards
Yuriy

AcuRite is now part of Heidenhain, so it's a really good price. Overall, this is actually good news for me. This moves tablet-based DRO systems from a "fringe" hobby thing into the mainstream. And all things considered, if I find myself competing with Heidenhain, I'm not doing too bad... (besides the fact that they can "eat" me in no time if they choose so, with their resources)
The thing that ticked me a bit is their "first in its kind" and "pioneering" technology that they release 10 years after a schmuck working from a spare bedroom.

Regards
Yuriy

They were very careful with the "first of its kind" line.
This new droPWR is a first-of-its-kind system to enable an iPad® tablet to become a digital readout (DRO),

They clearly know you exist. Congratulations!

What would really get me to consider jumping on the bluetooth bandwagon, is wireless connectivity directly from the scale encoder, to the DRO. Being able to bluetooth to a tablet(of any sort) is very cool, but it still doesn't eliminate the cables. The functionality of a high quality DRO display suits my needs entirely, but I would love to eliminate the cables.

3. Using external web cams (coming soon to TouchDRO) is pretty much not possible with an

Regards
Yuriy
Woah woah, back the truck up…..

Web cams?

I have been wanting a vision system for my lathe to be able to see the cut/tooling/material better.

Would this be possible?

I’ve tried with a bore scope but the resolution was crap.

What would really get me to consider jumping on the bluetooth bandwagon, is wireless connectivity directly from the scale encoder, to the DRO. Being able to bluetooth to a tablet(of any sort) is very cool, but it still doesn't eliminate the cables. The functionality of a high quality DRO display suits my needs entirely, but I would love to eliminate the cables.
Still going to need power.

BT is power hungry as it transmits so battery’s, at least small batteries are not an option.

Regards
Yuriy
I hope you have a patent, a utility patent..

Still going to need power.

BT is power hungry as it transmits so battery’s, at least small batteries are not an option.
Batteries, just a matter of time. Lots of stuff that wasn't considered possible, now is. There are bluetooth meat thermometers that aren't much bigger than a golf tee, and withstand temps of 575F. Someone will eventually figure out how to make it work in a DRO encoder.

Batteries, just a matter of time. Lots of stuff that wasn't considered possible, now is. There are bluetooth meat thermometers that aren't much bigger than a golf tee, and withstand temps of 575F. Someone will eventually figure out how to make it work in a DRO encoder.
Ok, now charge them.

Not trying to be argumentative, but some things are only worth taking so far.

Something that needs to be portable, say a bicycle headlight, sure. No way that can be feathered, so it gets a fair sized battery that will work for a couple hours.

With a machine that sits static on the bench it’s going to be a case of the juice not being worth the squeeze.

I use the INKBIRD controller for my smoker. It was $100 and controls the fan and probes and links to my phone via Wi-Fi.

The meat probes are cute, but the cost relegates them to professional BBQ circuit or people with too much money.

Ok, now charge them.

Not trying to be argumentative, but some things are only worth taking so far.

Something that needs to be portable, say a bicycle headlight, sure. No way that can be feathered, so it gets a fair sized battery that will work for a couple hours.

With a machine that sits static on the bench it’s going to be a case of the juice not being worth the squeeze.

I use the INKBIRD controller for my smoker. It was $100 and controls the fan and probes and links to my phone via Wi-Fi.

The meat probes are cute, but the cost relegates them to professional BBQ circuit or people with too much money.
Why charge them? Change them when they die. May not be tomorrow, but can almost guarantee it will eventually happen. Nothing innovative is cheap when it first hits the market, but settles out in time. I installed a Mitutoyo quill DRO on my mill at least a year ago, probably longer than that. It's still on the battery that came with it, and I never remember to turn it off.

Why charge them? Change them when they die. May not be tomorrow, but can almost guarantee it will eventually happen. Nothing innovative is cheap when it first hits the market, but settles out in time. I installed a Mitutoyo quill DRO on my mill at least a year ago, probably longer than that. It's still on the battery that came with it, and I never remember to turn it off.
yes but is it transmitting over bluetooth?

Back