Resolved Ad content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
So this is the ad content. It shows a guy jerkin another off while he says something about his wife??? I think that’s disgusting and disgraceful. I would think 99% of the members agree. I figure I’d ask you all before I ask the forum?
8E6F9F90-08D1-40D1-B562-24860DBE33AB.png

I was surprised to see all the ads suddenly appear not long ago, my membership level was intact, I finally discovered that, for some unknown reason that I had to log in, and the ads disappeared.

Upvote 0
You do know these are Criteo ads.
Which as I understand it are tailored to you based on your browsing habits?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
They are also targeted based on your demographic which is derived from your browsing behavior. So even though you have never clicked on a dating site ad, or anything of questionable content...the algorithms surmise that you are a male, 47 years old, where you live, what your interests are, probably how much you make, etc., etc., etc. and then serve ads like this to you in the off chance that you are interested in what they have to offer.

All of this is beyond the control of the forum and the administrators. Except for the action of pulling ads completely - which is an option, but then that puts the forum behind a paywall because we do rely on ad revenue for opex.

Upvote 0
If that’s how the ad content is derived their marketing team sucks. Or whoever AI computer software they got. Right above where I’m typing is a find a Asian soulmate Ad.
The super duper smart computer should already know I’m married, kids, busy with family, broke, and practically live in the garage when I can get away.

Upvote 0
It seems like the add provider would have the ability to filter some.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
If that’s how the ad content is derived their marketing team sucks. Or whoever AI computer software they got. Right above where I’m typing is a find a Asian soulmate Ad.
The super duper smart computer should already know I’m married, kids, busy with family, broke, and practically live in the garage when I can get away.
Sounds like you need to find yourself an Asian soulmate

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
As @extropic says, any level of donation from $10.00 per year (AKA Silver Status) on up gets rid of the general ads, Another thing that it gets you is access to Downloads,. However, it does not allow you to sell in the For Sale fora at the bottom of the list of Fora. That requires $25.00 per year. AKA Gold status. If you want to see what each level gets you, click on the Donations tab in the main tool bar. A chart should appear that has that info for all donor levels. However, the non-donor level is for some reason not shown.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back