[4]

Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Things are looking good. By the way is that motor test that old, of did they forget to set something. 2005, :oops:
How long to get the covers redone.

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I saw that, I'm guessing he's the type that wont bother with figuring that out. The motor is leaving Colorado this week, the valve covers are supposed to be on it. He promised me a picture, so we'll see.

Aukai

Well getting the new frame rails in is a little time consuming, but one side is mounted for final placement, and welding prep. Next will be to knock out the old frame section that will not be used. Looks like at least a solid 1 1/2"maybe up to 2" added clearance, I did not get a chance to measure it that well yet there are some tapers involved.

Aukai

Well the 406 is on Kauai, the valve covers I had were scratched so while they were in America(
) the were sent for new powder coating. When I was looking things over the oil that was accumulated under the valve covers looks like it just came out of the bottle. Mark Jones (VortecPro) did the build, and the motor must have sealed up real quick on the break in, and dyno pulls. There is no visible combustion, or any other contamination in the oil. 640/550 is going to be fun in a 67 with a 5 speed.

I could not see the view finder in the sun, so the pictures are a little off.

mmcmdl

Staff member
Here is what is left of my Vettes and Chevelles . Sad to have to pull this stuff off the walls , but I have a 93 K1500 Blazer I want to do . :bawling:

Attachments

Aukai

That is the type of center cap I'm using on the nova, I'm sure you can still hang it somewhere. Tried to add front accessories on the 406. There seems to be a bolt spacing issue with the bracket to mount the alternator. I'm going to have to look at it better when I get back home from work.

mmcmdl

Staff member
That is bad azz Mike . I held onto it long enough but I have to let go of the past and move on. I posted a pic of the counterbores and have 100 more . :big grin:

Aukai

Where?, Not seeing it...I'll check back in an hr....

mmcmdl

Staff member
Its on here somewhere !

Aukai

I'll need a treasure map then, it's not in the places where I have looked top to bottom.:confused:

Aukai

New valve covers are being shipped after machine work, and powder coating. They are sand cast, so their a little ripely.

mmcmdl

Staff member
I'll need a treasure map then, it's not in the places where I have looked top to bottom.:confused:
Here's a little set . It was tooooo hot to do much today . Working tonight so I'll be on .

Attachments

Aukai

I saw 90* in DC, is it summer time yet?

mmcmdl

Staff member
The 90 degrees wasn't bad . The humidity was way out of control ! :eek 2: I guess summer has finally arrived .

Aukai

Our humidity is so high right now it's pooling on the ground :grin:

mmcmdl

Staff member
I saw Honolulu had bout 5 inches of rain !

Aukai

Yeah medium, but steady all day, still got into the 80s.

Aukai

Finally got the new valve covers today, and shined up one side SS header just to see how it looked. The Browell bell housing is over a month out on back order, but Cale Aronson was able to scrounge one up for me, when that comes I can put it in the car.

Aukai

Quick-Latch mini to hold down the air cleaner, and the SFI bell housing came in. Now to indicate it, fingers crossed....

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Good looking bell housing. Indicating them in can take a little time, but one of those things that you don't want to skip on a high dollar build. They make some adjustable dowel pins that are supposed to make it a little easier, but I've always managed to get it done without them. Going to be a really nice ride. Cheers, Mike

Aukai

My brain is so frazzled right now getting called in to work a couple of times, and doing this, I started with .012 TIR, changed dowel pins, and got -.002, +.001 TIR on the sweep not a solid reading, but I think I'm good for a recommended .005 tolerance.

Last edited:

mmcmdl

Staff member
Lookin good Mike !
:encourage:

Aukai

Slow, and steady.....

Aukai

Shortcuts don't work, I added all of the bellhousing bolts after I was happy with the reading. Now the bell is not within specs, so started over, and now have .004 (.005 max)run out on the concentric alignment. Now I have to fix my clutch package the new disc is .382 vs the old .305 that changes the dynamics of the clutch settings. The cover height, and finger heights are all off now. It's a big deal for an adjustable clutch, it was set up for a heavy car, and a BBC. Now it will be in a light car, and a SBC, so adjustments are in order.
These clutches have a sintered iron disc, adjustable base(spring pressure), and adjustable counter weight pressure(RPM sensitive) for tuning purposes.

Last edited:
[5] [7]