Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

Nice work Aukai!!!
she is coming along beautifully!

Wait, your wife is going to drive a 600HP Nova to go shopping? Does she do it 1/4 mile at a time? She is going to love it!!!

I remember the first time I saw a 69' Nova with the 396ci option. It had this big cam and headers and rumbled its way down the street. We were following it and he punched it and broke the 10 bolt rear end after he wheel hopped it for a short stretch - they had the single leaf spring in the rear, remember?

I had a 67' Chevelle with the 327ci/325HP motor, followed by a 70 Olds W-31, followed by a Toyota Corolla so I could go to school without going broke. My dream car back then was a 1970-1/2 Z-28 with the LT-1 motor - never got around to finding it.
i owned a 71 Camaro LT-1, just out of high school.
i should have never sold that car :cry:

Aukai, have actually been enjoying the last week on your beautiful island. Staying in Princeville, heading over to the big island Sunday to visit some friends for a week or so, then back to the grind. Cheers, Mike
I live in the Wailua/Kapaa area if you come through, and have time 639-2782

Thank you sir....:eagerness:

Had an opportunity to stop by and chat with Mike today, and check out his shop and projects, and meet his lovely wife, and his four legged helpers. Great guy, and very talented. Was one of the highlights of my trip so far, and definitely helped with my shop Jonesing, having been away from mine for over a week now. Mahalo Mike, and maybe someday I can return the favor. Cheers, Mike

It was great having Mike & Susan stop by, Maria wasn't able to hang around, but we had a nice visit. Chitchatted it up for a good while, and had a good time. Definitely glad you fessed up you were here, and visited.

I have got to learn to cut threads on the lathe, or some way to get the threads straight on die stock. Trying to install a hyd throw out bearing on my manual transmission. The original bearing retainer is thinner, and I'm using die stock to make new longer studs course/fine thread. I have a chamfer, but it's a hit or miss on being straight. :rolleyes:

The OE studs were a bear to get out, one cooperated with the double nut method, the others were blue tip wrench, and vice grips. I hate doing that...

I have got to learn to cut threads on the lathe, or some way to get the threads straight on die stock. Trying to install a hyd throw out bearing on my manual transmission. The original bearing retainer is thinner, and I'm using die stock to make new longer studs course/fine thread. I have a chamfer, but it's a hit or miss on being straight. :rolleyes:

lovely work, it's been a pleasure to follow along! Only way I've found to get threads straight is either single point threading (with or without follow up with a die) or using a tailstock die holder. For small stuff I just use the latter as it's so much quicker.

Beautiful car love your choices it looks like it will be a real tire burner. Good to see a manual car you’ll have some quick shifting ahead of you. I wish I had all the machines I have now back when I was street racing building 600rwhp mustangs with 4sp top loader with straight cut gears to allow clutchless shifts. What kind of weight are you looking at when done? Those are really nice cars, is on my top 3 to wanna build just don’t wanna open that can of worms again. Great job!

Back