Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

Well I almost burned this puppy down. I have been working on the the transmission cross member stubs, and finalized the passenger side, There was some weld dressing to be done, and I had a 3 sided shield to stop sparks from flying around. The back seat back has been left in(lazy). I put everything away in the late afternoon. and last night about 9 ish my spider senses went off. A spark had gotten away, and landed in the stuffing of the back rest(4 hrs later). Now I have to have the seat back restuffed to get all of the burnt material out. Now the interior smells too, but the car is OK.

Mike , that could have ended up a lot worse than that . Glad to hear the damage was limited to the seat .

Yeah, that sucks it's happened to me couple of times, older cars are worse, in newer cars materials are more fire retardant, i sometimes lay down an old letter jacket when i'm welding so the sparks can't escape, also a small CO2 extinguisher is a must then welding on cars, i have couple of small CO2 cylinders for my welder that i use as extinguishers i refill them from my big CO2 bottle. I'm glad that you and the car are Ok as for the smelly interior, i've found lemon dish soap cleans and removes the smell rather well.

WOW, that could've been very bad! Nice that the Spidey Senses were in tune that night!

More boring stuff, Wire wheeled the foot wells, Ospho had to dry, then epoxied some pin holes, then waited for the paint to dry. Next was small patches of sound deadener(sp) now the carpet is in. Thinking of leaving it the old carpet look.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

wol_error.gif

wol_error.gif

Old carpet look?? After all the work you've done so far?? UM???? REALLY????? o_O:(:alien:

Can you guess what my vote would be??? :cool 2:

At first i was going to comment but then decided not to say anything about the carpet and lack of insolation but now. You need to insulate the fire wall and the transmission tunnel much more, make the world of difference if you can't get new carpet or if you want to save the old one, you can use mat black paint, regular for steel paint and paint it, i've done it to 7-8 car till now on carpets and trim panels, couple of them i still own 3-4 years outside no problems.

I have been/was considering leaving it as part of the "Grand Ma's grocery getter" look. I'm looking at carpet die aerosol stuff now. I've dealt with aftermarket carpets before, and was not happy. The sound insulation I'll deal with as needed, once the car gets running. Please do respond with any ideas you are thinking about. I was born in the 50s, I won't melt.:wink::grin:

And so it continues. Got a bunch of stuff mounted. I'm starting to feel too much black, I might change valve cover, and tank fittings to SS AN for the vent tank, maybe hoses too???

OK now with the engine in,,,,, Huston we have a problem!!! With the car on the ground,the springs the previous owner chose are not quite right for the front. 2" of oil pan clearance is not going to cut it. I had to put 40# of air pressure in just to move the car to start building my new garage.

This is closer to where it needs to be.

They short shipped me two columns, so the garage is 10' short right now...

Forgot to mention, thunder, and lightning the whole weekend, and putting up a steel building was exciting...

Back